Dining Services Mananger 1
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
STARS Requisition Number 24280BR
Department Dining Srvcs
University Job Title Dining Services Manager 1
Posting Position Title Dining Services Mananger 1
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 23
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 246 Church
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Position Focus: Assists in leading and managing the operations of one or more Yale dining units. Assists in providing leadership to ensure excellence and high quality food hospitality standards are successfully implemented at assigned dining facilities. Review of materials will begin when and if there is a confirmed opening.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
Principal Responsibilities 1. Responsible for preparation, production and service of meals as described in predetermined menus and recipes; implement and monitor established policies and procedures relating to food quality and standards, service standards and sanitation.
2. Implement and monitor techniques and methods utilized in the preparation, processing of food to achieve established quality and standards, to prevent waste, to obtain efficiency and production levels.
3. Analyze menus and recipes, forecast meal counts to determine future raw food needs; submit requisition to procure meats, dairy, and bakery products, groceries, etc.; supervise receiving and storage activities, involving checking temperature and environmental conditions of storage area and assuring security.
4. Execute catered events by directing food processing and preparation and/or supervising and coordinating the service and staff of events.
5. Attend menu-planning sessions to exchange ideas, submit suggestions and give feedback; evaluate acceptance, production problems and relate to manager.
6. Maintain excellent customer relations with masters, faculty, students and staff.
7. Implement and monitor housekeeping, sanitary and safety rules and regulations.
8. Assist in the preparation of weekly operational recap statements to reflect manpower, food, and other related costs; ensure inventories are conducted and maintain support records.
9. Provide ongoing coaching, training, guidance and direction to staff members; maintain positive employee relations and resolve issues in a timely and proactive manner; responsible for performance management of staff; may be required to participate in and respond to grievances.
10. Complete weekly and monthly operating reports in order to monitor and analyze adherence to the financial goals of the dining hall.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Administration or a related field and one year of previous food production experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Ability to manage unionized team of employees.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Ability to manage and track inventory, food production and food service in order to achieve set goals.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Ability to efficiently schedule and manage employees based on business needs and union contract guidelines.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Ability to work as a part of Yale Dining team in a collaborative and proactive manner.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Bachelor's Degree and one year of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications Certification in food protection program.
Weekend Hours Required? Yes
Evening Hours Required? Yes
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.