Career Placement Specialist
Department Name Career Placement
Campus or Location Western Campus
Vacancy Number 026-15
Reports To Director
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
The Career Placement Specialist will be accountable for effective and productive outreach to employers and community to maximize career options and job placements for clients.
-Cultivates relationships with employers and community partners to facilitate service delivery and placement; Tri-C co-op/intern placement opportunities; employment opportunities for dislocated workers, recent graduates, veterans, alumni, community members; professionals, paraprofessionals, clerical, and trades
- Proactively builds relationships with employers in growth industries: identifies employers and employment opportunities (immediate hiring needs, short and long-term staffing plans); identifies college wide academic and technical training programs that deliver a targeted talent pool; builds the bridge between growth industry employers and targeted programs
- Establishes talent pipelines channeling the College’s top talent to employers in growth industries; identifies and tracks workforce employment trends, consults with workforce and faculty advisors, and serves as a trusted resource for sourcing consistent talent for targeted employers
- Identify and secure co-op placements via proactive outreach to employers in growth industries supporting academic programs targeted by the co-op and internship advisory committee; cultivate employer relationships that provide repeat opportunities for co-op placements
- Collaborates with co-op faculty coordinators to maximize student career options and the College’s reputation as a source of high performance talent; identify, define, and meet student needs, goals, and objectives in relation to experiential programs and internship services
- Responsible for identifying and attending community and employer outreach events: represents the function and markets Tri-C’s strong educational and career support system for students and area residents
- Facilitates on-campus recruitment programs and placement initiatives; college-wide job fairs, etc.
- Conducts employer satisfaction surveys; recommend program upgrades and enhancements based on employer feedback and trends in workforce development
- Drives the use of Careers Online as a valuable recruiting resource for employers; database of talented candidates , post employment opportunities, assist with posting process, track activity on the job board, monitor employment trends
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in private sector/for-profit organization any of the following: recruiting, placement, job development, new business development, and/or consultative sales
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive client relationships
- Knowledge of the region’s growth industries, employers, job market, and employment resources
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Demonstrated command of the internet and social networking as an employment sourcing tool such as Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Job Boards, Blogs, and employer websites
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic and changing work environment requiring flexibility, effective problem solving, sense of urgency, and effective teamwork
- Ability to deliver high performance outcomes while balancing the demands of multiple work streams and client groups internal/external to the College
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Familiarity with career fields of interest to business, information technology, engineering, advanced manufacturing, and media arts, culinary arts students preferred
- Co-op Program and Internship Services experience in private sector
- Minimum 3 years experience developing a foundation of sustained client relationships for a service provider
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Evening and Saturday hours required based on business need
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Candidate must be willing and able to work at any/all College locations based on volume-variable demand for services
Candidate must be willing and able to travel in and out of county as needed.
Posting Open Date 06/18/2014
Posting Close Date 07/03/2014
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience and a minimum 3 years professional experience in private sector/for-profit organization any of the following: recruiting, placement, job development, new business development, and/or consultative sales?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae