Assistant Chairperson - Film/Video (1412)
Under limited supervision and wide latitude for independent judgment, the assistant chairperson works closely with the departmental chairperson on the academic and administrative management of the department. This is a 4 day per week, 12 month per year administrative position.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Participate in the development and management of the departmental budget.
- Recruit and consult on new faculty and staff.
- Schedule faculty workloads; consult with faculty.
- Advise students.
- Conduct admissions portfolio reviews and present the Film/Video program to prospective students at admissions and department events.
- Represent the department at outreach and recruitment events.
- Coordinate faculty and students for the annual portfolio reviews.
- Coordinate the student film shows and screenings.
- Teaching, when appropriate or when time allows.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have a BA or BFA in Film/Video; MFA in Film/Video preferred.
At least three (3) years’ teaching experience in a related field at the college level required. Must also have some academic administrative experience. Administrative experience in the film/video industry a plus.
Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills essential. Familiarity with Word and Excel software is expected.
SALARY commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications to begin July 14, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your c.v., cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Please include URL links to your work, and examples of syllabi which you have authored, if either are available.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.