Counselor (Transfer Emphasis)
Contra Costa Community College District
Counselor (Transfer Emphasis)
Description of Position
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide comprehensive counseling services as the Transfer Counselor for Los Medanos College. This position, serves as a member of the Counseling department and works closely with the Transfer Center team, including— the Director of Student Life & Transfer Programs, Transfer Center Coordinator, and other student services staff on the planning, development and implementation of transfer related activities, programs, and education. Additionally, the position provides primary counseling support to the Transfer Academy cohort program, which serves a large diverse student population.
Yearly Salary Range / Hourly Range
$55,668.00 - $83,772.00
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. A master’s degree from an accredited college/university in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling (Note: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist [MFT] is an alternative qualification for the Counseling discipline.) OR
2. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time counseling OR
3. The equivalent. (If you believe you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form contained in the application packet.)
Please Note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form by downloading the form on our webpage at: http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/MastersDegreeEquiv.pdf.
• At least one year of recent experience, post Master’s degree, working as a counselor in a California community college.
• Knowledge of the California community college transfer process to public and private four year institutions both within and outside of California.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and work with first-generation college students and community college students of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or abilities.
• Ability to develop and provide high impact, intrusive, and innovative support to underrepresented students in a cohort setting (such as first-year experience programs, learning communities, etc.)
• Experience teaching and designing curriculum for college courses and/or workshops in areas such as transfer preparation, college success, career exploration, orientation to college, and personal development.
• Demonstrated experience integrating technology into the educational counseling and instructional process.
• Excellent communications skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
• Creativity and eagerness to work with an innovative team on the development of new programs and strategies for serving and supporting students.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/2161