Contra Costa Community College District
Description of Position
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide comprehensive counseling services as a general counselor for Los Medanos College in support of student athletes. This is a tenured track position within the Counseling Department, working closely with members of the Athletic Program and other Student Services staff on the planning, development and implementation of counseling and retention strategies.
Yearly Salary Range / Hourly Range
$55,668.00 - $83,772.00
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. A master’s degree from an accredited college/university in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling (Note: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist [MFT] is an alternative qualification for the Counseling discipline.) OR
2. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time counseling OR
3. The equivalent. (If you believe you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form contained in the online application.)
Please Note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form ot be considered.
1. Knowledge and understanding of California Community College Athletics Association (CCCAA), National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) and/or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) policies and regulations related to athletic eligibility requirements
2. Demonstrated experience providing high impact, intrusive and innovative intervention strategies to underrepresented students in a cohort setting
3. Experience designing and teaching curriculum for college courses and/or workshops in areas such as college success, career exploration, orientation to college or personal development
4. Experience working with and providing motivation to first-generation college students in a highly diverse community college environment.
5. Ability to assist students in clarifying and establishing appropriate AA/AS, transfer and career goals
6. Experience assisting students with online services in a counseling setting, such as an electronic educational plan, Assist.org, CSU Mentor, Retention Alert, etc.
7. Prior experience as a student athlete competing in intercollegiate sports program
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/2160