Head Men's Golf Coach
Bucknell University seeks applicants for a Head Men's Golf Coach responsible for management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Patriot League. This includes the instruction and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I men's golf program. Position is a 10-month head coaching position. Compensation package to include monthly salary, 12-month individual limited benefits and possibility for summer camp(s)/personal lessons.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
2. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
3. Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of Bucknell University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
4. Be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
5. Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice and competition. 6. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process. 7. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate Departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
8. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
9. Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance and behavior.
10. Assist in enforcement of Departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
11. Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the Department.
12. Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
14. Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the Department and on Campus, i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions.
15. Teach in Department wellness program as assigned.
16. Be responsible for all travel arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to the contest site and back to campus.
17. Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
Collegiate Playing and/or coaching experience.
Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Bucknell University, an equal opportunity employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who will be committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body. We welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.