Fiscal Technician II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Temporary - Time Limited
Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate accounting records and providing support for purchasing and payables for the department of Industrial Engineering.
1. Initiates purchase orders, DPV's, IDO's, and other forms of payment for Industrial Engineering and other related centers ensuring compliance with state and Clemson University guidelines. To include, but not limited to, entering all BuyWays PO's, invoices and receipts, all reimbursements, web invoices and inter-departmental payments. E/60%
2. Serve as the Visa liaison for all purchasing cards associated with the assigned departments. Coordinate with each cardholder to collect all backup, reconcile the bank statements and enter the Visa charges into PeopleSoft. E/10%
3. Assist the departmental accountant with hiring paperwork and processes for all students, staff and faculty. Formulate all student offer letters and responsible for data entry associated with hiring. E/15%
4. Assist the departmental accountant with financial data entry into PeopleSoft as needed. E/5%
5. Provide assistance as needed for departmental functions and events. E/5%
6. Other duties as assigned. E/5%
A high school diploma and experience in entry-level accounting or bookkeeping. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for required work experience.
PREFERRED MINIMUMS IN ADDITION TO THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Professional experience in a business related field.
PAY & WORK SCHEDULE:
Standard Hrs: 37.5; Band: 04 ($ 26,139.00)
Employees who are in time limited positions will earn one and one-quarter days of Annual and Sick Leave per month for a total of thirty (30) days per year. Eligible part-timers will earn days on a pro rata basis.
JuLY 1, 2014.
Freeman Hall- Clemson Main Campus
JEANNE CLERY ACT:
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources - Prospective Employees web page shown below:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.