Computer Systems Analyst II
Responsible for the design, development, testing, and debugging new software or re-factoring existing software in a continuously available environment. Works with technical and project staff to understand problems and requirements to develop specific software solutions.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Plan, design, and modify computer-based information systems
- Design, test, maintain, and modify computer-based information systems.
- Evaluate and establish data processing policies, methods, and procedures.
- Update systems data and prepare conversion requirements.
- Conduct needs analysis for the development of new systems and the modification of existing systems
- Confer with user management in selecting and implementing new systems and making modifications to existing systems.
- Perform computer studies, such as feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and statistical analyses
- Assist in reviewing new products with software and hardware representatives.
- Serve as project leader to ensure project objectives in system development, maintenance, and modification.
- Assign work load and establish priorities for programmers and other data processing staff reporting on a project basis
- Instruct in methods and procedures using effective teaching techniques
- Handle employee problems
- Make recommendations to hire, terminate and discipline according to institutional policies
- Develop appropriate documentation
- Compile documentation for design changes or creation criteria and design and prepare forms, reports, and letters in a timely manner.
- Actively identify and participate in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development.
- Keep up-to-date on software systems, operation procedures, and technological developments in systems and programming.
- Serve as technical resource to users and others in the department
- Organize and teach courses on computer usage,
- Assist with research projects and interprets test data.
- May require availability for call after normal working hours.
- Advise on scheduling capacity and efficient use of data and troubleshoot and correct production problems.
Job requires Bachelor's and 3 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Owen Graduate School of Management
Organization Dist. Tech Services 152500PI79416729