Account Reimbursement Spec I
Coordinates the billing process between Vanderbilt and the payer, bill timely and collects monies from state and federal agencies, managed care and commercial insurance companies, third party organizations and patients. Works denials and works with third party payers to maximize reimbursement. Monitors and audits accounts, and process payments and adjustments to accounts as necessary.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Must meet productivity standards specific to the work unit guidelines.
- Accesses and takes corrective action, if necessary, of incoming financial data.
- Works accounts referred for follow-up in an accurate and timely manner
- Gives feedback to requesting party in a timely manner
- Provides accurate account maintenance and documentation sufficient for audit controls.
- Maintains appropriate batching of financial transactions for imaging and audit purposes.
- Account documentations are timely and contain complete information
- Coordinates the Vanderbilt billing process
- Accurately, efficiently and timely processing of claims, payments, refunds, denials, unpaid patient and insurance balances
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Medical Coding and Billing
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks (OHO)
Organization VPABO-Blue Cross 108585PI79416665