Senior Research Associate
Job Description Summary:
The department is looking to hire a senior research associate to work on a grant-funded project. The purpose of this project is to find the most effective ways to help college students lose and maintain a healthy body weight. To do this, we will be delivering three different programs via social media, specifically Facebook, text messaging, and podcasts. The goal is to determine what type and how much information will be most effective for weight and other risk factors for diabetes and heart disease.
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Location 950 New Hampshire Ave - 950 New Hampshire Ave -FB0154
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom
Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA)
College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH)
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Internal Applicants Only? No
Position Type: Research
Posting Number: Staff - 003549
Working Title: Senior Research Associate
Work Schedule: Department-specific
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Grade: 0
Recruitment Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification
If other was selected above, or there are special requirements, please explain.
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Job Open Date: 06/17/2014
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicant Review Will Commence On:
III. JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
MPH, with a concentration in Maternal and Child Health.
3-5 years direct experience in the field
Emergency Medical Technician—-Enhanced, Squad Operator I
Experience in program outreach and coordination
Experience working in the area of Telemedicine
Experience working on weight loss and weight gain prevention research-based programs
Ability to design and update websites, online forms and documents with a focus on end-user navigation and usability
Experience in submitting IRB proposals
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Perform advanced techniques, such as providing input into the research design, developing and modifying protocols for recruitment, data collection and screening. The senior research assistant will also evaluate progress of the study at predetermined checkpoints. As such, he/she will assist in staff training and delegation of tasks and serve as the liaison between the vendor team and other Co-Investigators. She/he also will work closely with them to formulate research methods and suggest options for improving quality, and ensure that the proper measurement protocols are in place for the metabolic and cost analyses.
Perform specific project-related tasks including:
• Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the senior research associate will assist in overseeing recruitment for the trial at the George Washington University site, including maintaining existing on-campus partnerships; working to establish new partnerships and recruitment outlets; formulating recruitment plans for each recruitment wave.
• He/she will assess recruitment and follow-up progress at all sites and coordinate the data collection and screening, verify the data and interpret the results for team during quarterly investigator calls.
• This person will attend each of the follow-up visits in order to assess and appropriately triage emergency situations, should any adverse events arise (e.g., fainting or excessive bruising at puncture site).
• He/she will work closely with the study biostatistician and the data manager to ensure data are entered; cleaned and statistical analyses are conducted.
Perform other duties as assigned
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.