Assistant Coach of Men's Basketball
STARS Requisition Number 26007BR
University Job Title Assistant Coach
Posting Position Title Assistant Coach of Men's Basketball
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 23
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address RTH 20 Tower Parkway
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Position Focus: Serves as Assistant Coach of Men's Basketball for Division I Athletic Program.
Work Schedule (Other than Standard) Employee schedule will change weekly based on needs of team and administrative responsibilities. Will work evenings and weekends and travel.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
Principal Responsibilities 1. Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
2. Evaluates the athletes' performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
3. Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
4. Scout sand evaluates opponents' performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
5. Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students' athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
6. Participates in planning for alumni events including fund raising or other special functions. 7. May perform other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience 1. Bachelor's degree and one year of collegiate coaching experience or the equivalent the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Knowledge of NCAA and Ivy League regulations.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Ability to motivate and lead team.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Skillfully manages individual, group and organizational interactions.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Well developed counseling, teaching, recruiting, managerial, administrative and fund raising skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing and listening skills. Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work environment.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
Required Licenses or Certifications Professional certification in water safety, advanced life-saving, health services, first aid, CPR or other areas may be required for some positions.
Physical Requirements: Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time. Heavy travel schedule. Work in varying weather elements.
Weekend Hours Required? Yes
Evening Hours Required? Yes
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All External and Internal candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.