Digital Media Marketing Coordinator
About Western Kentucky University:
Western Kentucky University aspires to be the University of choice for faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping advance academic excellence. True to its spirit, WKU offers an inviting, nurturing, and challenging work environment, which is responsive to the needs of a diverse and ambitious learning community. WKU's main campus is located on a hill overlooking the city of Bowling Green (population est. 60,000), and is acclaimed as one of the most beautiful in the nation. We invite you to consider WKU as a place where your academic and professional dreams can be realized.
The Digital Media Marketing Coordinator reports to the Creative Web Services Manager and supports the mission of WKU by creating and managing content for the university website and institutional social media presences for purposes of student recruitment and constituent outreach. This individual will assist with WKU official social media presences, along with the WKU website, virtual tour, print publications, and video production.
The Digital Media Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the WKU Marketing and Communications and WKU News teams to maximize brand exposure and to promote the image of the university.
In this service-oriented role, the successful candidate will follow user activity, interpret user feedback and actions, and respond accordingly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitates social media conversations with current and prospective students to assist with questions
- Provide social media guidance and customer service to campus departments
- Create engaging branded content and campaigns for social media networks. (Understanding basic branding concepts is a plus)
- Ensure all digital content meets campaign and organizational goals while adhering to brand guidelines and standards.
- Post updates across social media platforms using multimedia, including video, images and written updates.
- Measure, analyze and document the success and impact of social media efforts on campaigns and organizational goals. Identify and report on digital/social media trends.
- Assist in the development of social media marketing plans.
- Research social trends and developments, and continually look for ways to use that knowledge to the benefit of WKU students, faculty and staff.
- Assist management with implementation of marketing and web projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Knowledge of video production using Mac, Adobe Creative Suite and FinalCut Pro
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Google Analytics, WordPress and other social media measurement tools
- Exposure to, and familiarity with, community relations
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Understand effective social media content – what works and what does not
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Two years of experience in digital media
- Experience with major social media sites in a professional capacity
- Experience with traditional on-line marketing and advertising as it translates well into social media
- Familiarity with web content development
- Experience with writing for the web
- Ability to understand and interpret formal strategic and communication plans
- Experience with customer service in a digital environment
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745 - 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
All applications and resumes must be submitted through this online electronic talent management system. Only those individuals who submit all required materials will be considered as eligible applicants. We invite you to submit a cover letter which describes your interest and fit for this position. You will receive email notification confirming your application materials have been received. Review of application materials will generally begin as applications are submitted. The expected hire date is on or about July 15, 2014.