Department: Student Health Center
Job IRC #14029
The Office Manager oversees the daily operations of the Student Health Center as well as providing complex administrative support to the Director. This position oversees administrative functions and all financial aspects of clinic operations; coordinates clinic functions and special projects, learning all aspects of clinic operations. Position supervises the non-clinical staff in a primary care clinic.
Reports directly to the Director of Student Health Center. Hires, trains, and supervises 3-5 Executive Assistants, as well as casual labor and students as needed.
Provides complex administrative support including, but not be limited to the following:
4. HIPAA / FERPA / California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) Compliance Officer
5. AAAHC (reaccreditation) Project Manager
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of progressively high-level executive/office management professional support.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an ambulatory medical office setting.
• A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience including hiring, performance review, goal setting, discipline and staff development in a medical office setting.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn new computer programs quickly and efficiently.
• Working knowledge of Accounting/Budget Management. Experience working with budgets and spreadsheets.
• Experience using an Electronic Medical Record (PointandClick preferred).
• Knowledge of healthcare regulations.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
• Ability to initiate projects and anticipate needs of the department.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven ability to interface with all constituents, i.e. physicians, patients, parents and co-workers.
• Experience maintaining website.
• Experience in a University Student Health Clinic.
• Knowledge of CPT and ICP-9 coding and medical billing.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse population, and the ability to convey an attitude of respect and concern for each individual.
• Ability to prioritize workload and maintain a calm demeanor while in a busy student medical facility.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and management qualities/abilities.
• Flexibility in schedule may be required to provide backup in front office during breaks, vacations, or sick leave.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Provide superior customer service by following University of San Diego’s Mission and Core Values.
• Students experiencing acute illnesses, minor injuries and medical problems may present themselves in the Student Health Center in a demanding, confrontational manner due to their illness and class absenteeism. Many appear with the expectation that they should be seen immediately. It is essential that the successful candidate have excellent communication and organizational skills in dealing with difficult people, that is, the ability to calmly manage ill students in a courteous, empathic manner while facilitating the process necessary for their receiving medical care as quickly as possible.
• Employment is conditioned on the University’s approval of employment following its acceptance of the results of a criminal background investigation. Regardless of whether a candidate has commenced working, the University reserves the right to rescind any offer of employment at any time should the results of a background investigation be unacceptable to the University.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week; 8:00am-5:00pm
Closing date: July 18, 2014
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org