OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR, BUMC Public Safety, Salary Grade 74 (7239/E0514)
Assists in the planning and organizing of effective delivery of security services to the medical center. Ensures customer satisfaction in the Public Safety Department. Provides supervision in all areas of responsibility in order to meet the goals of the Public Safety department.
Other duties include;
- Oversees Public Safety operations as assigned by the Manager of Public Safety Operations. Continuously monitors activities of the Public Safety staff as well as control center technicians and parking and transportation services on off hours. Assists staff when necessary and works in collaboration with other management to ensure all operations reflect consistent service delivery to faculty, staff, students, patients and visitors. Makes regular tours and spot checks of assigned area of responsibility. Meets regularly with the Operations Manager and Director of Public Safety in order to ensure that management is informed of all incidents and activities.
- Supervises and organizes activities in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Public Safety Department through the creation or revision of policies and procedures. Assists in developing Quality Assurance Programs on an annual basis. Assists with implementing reporting procedures and mechanisms to provide for compliance with JC and other applicable regulatory standards. Ensures the development and collection of all necessary records, reports, statistics, files as required including incident profiles and reports submitted to the Security Investigative Unit and various committees. Enforces all hospital and school(s) policies including the visitor control and access policy. Monitors all assigned operations. Ensures that all services and responsibilities are met in as efficient a manner as possible. Ensures that all automated systems are functioning at all times and coordinates all system maintenance including installations, changes and removals of hardware and/or software.
- Assists with providing mandatory training programs in order to continually increase the professionalism of the staff and coordinates programs with other service departments.
- Review operational issues, as assigned by the Operations Manager, including the use of contracted services, scheduling methods, contingency actions, investigations, personnel functions, evaluation and labor issues. Selects, orientates and trains all employees within assigned areas. Evaluates at least annually the performance of all directly reporting employees and staff. Submits all completed evaluation to the Operations Manger. Assist in the development of scheduling matrix’s to reflect manpower needs per shift. Provides the Operations Manager with justification for increased and/or decreased scheduling to staff. Attends grievance proceedings in accordance with medical center policy and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Participates in meetings, committees, task forces, etc. to provide assistance/resources to other employees or departments as requested. Notifies the Operations Manger of all activities. Maintains pager contact as assigned by the Operations Manager in order to provide assistance and/or additional resources to the management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of directly related experience.