Director of Assessment
Director of Assessment
The Director of Assessment, a 12-month faculty position, plays an essential role in the College’s accreditation process. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the director works in partnership with the Division Chairs, faculty, service area directors and staff, the director of institutional research, and other planning leaders to support and promote the implementation of the College’s assessment activities. The Director will collaborate with academic and administrative units to enhance institutional learning assessment activities and promote a culture that values assessment of learning and continuous improvement; centralize reporting processes and tracking; report annually on learning outcomes assessment to the College; contribute to institutional strategic planning efforts; provide data for accreditation efforts; and perform other duties related to improving systematic and useful assessment of student learning for increased academic effectiveness. Duties include:
• In consultation with the Provost, Division Chairs, and Assessment Committee, determine the College’s approach to evaluation, assess the adequacy of current assessments and evidence, and develop needed assessment to meet accreditation and program approval standards.
• Serve as the College’s liaison to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
• Coordinate and support college-wide planning efforts for student learning outcomes assessment by ensuring the timely assessment of academic programs, including general education and administrative and student support areas.
• Assist faculty in in the design of course based assessment, including the development or selection of strategies, assessment instruments, data collection methodologies, and data analysis techniques appropriate for assessing student learning outcomes.
• Design, coordinate, and facilitate ongoing training for faculty on current pedagogies and curriculum design to enhance assessment as learning both on campus and online.
• Provides training and support for administrators and staff in conducting assessment activities and functional area reviews.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement the College’s Annual Assessment Day with support and input from the Assessment Committee, as well as other assessment activities, including SUNY-related requirements.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education, educational research, curriculum design, or a related area. Three to five years of relevant experience in assessment and research as well as curriculum design.
For a full description of the position please go to our web site www.cayuga-cc.edu/human_resources/jobs.php
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cayuga Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer