Location: TCSPP Online
Office Building/Campus: Online/Remote
Home Department: BA Psychology
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Department Manager, reporting to the Program Chair, is responsible for creating course schedules, maintaining course materials, overseeing registration, and providing support to the Department Chair. The Department Manager will be responsible for coordinating projects with other departments and for communicating with internal and external constituents (students, faculty, clients, and internal departments). This position reports directly to the Department Chair and collaborates with the Department Chair to establish policies, procedures, and systems to develop and maintain the department for The Chicago School.
- Develop and track course scheduling, instructor assignments, participant records, and supply ordering.
- Assist the Department Chair(s) with maintaining the functioning of the department such as: managing the Chair’s schedule, filing and maintaining files, preparing agendas, taking and/or transcribing meeting notes, supervision of student workers, and other administrative duties.
- Manage registration materials, procedures, policies and communications in coordination with the Office of the Registrar.
- Serve as primary point of contact n the department for students; this may include attending workshops, classes and events outside of regular business hours.
- Partner with the Office of Institutional Research to ensure collection and dissemination of course evaluations and other assessment instruments and reports.
- Assist instructors with gathering course/workshop materials including books, articles, test ad assessments.
- Partner with Office of Communication and Public Relations to ensure website and other communications are accurate and current.
- Work with Student Finance, Student Services, and other departments as needed to ensure the services and resources provided to students are appropriately delivered and managed.
- Administration & tracking of Department Budget.
- Work with the Adjunct Coordinator and Human Resources in the hiring, on-boarding & contract processes of new and returning faculty.
- Support and advance the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong financial and budgeting background
- Team oriented
- High level of computer proficiency, including MS Office (Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Word) Adobe Professional
- CampusVue experience a plus
- BioVue experience a plus
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.