Senior Educational Technology Specialist
Senior Educational Technology Specialist - 14000384
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Educational and Scholarly Technology Services (ESTS), Client Services, the Senior Educational Technology Specialist is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and services, including direct consultation with faculty to help leverage technology to improve teaching and learning across the curriculum in all eight schools at Tufts University. The position includes heading outreach efforts for the group, including design and implementation of trainings, coordination of events, content production, and management of ESTS publications. The Senior Educational Technology Specialist consults directly with clients to help them articulate academic challenges and to address these challenges through the implementation of appropriate instructional design and technology solutions. This position collaborates with all ESTS colleagues to ensure the successful design, implementation, management, and evaluation of educational technology solutions. Along with colleagues in ESTS, the Senior Educational Technology Specialist participates actively in a range TTS programs, projects, services, duties as assigned, and collaborates with other units in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship with technology at Tufts.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. A minimum of 5 years of professional experience designing, developing, and supporting faculty use of web-based instructional resources and tools for education, across the continuum of face to face, hybrid, and fully online classes, including one or more Learning Management Systems.
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills, including presentation, teaching, and written communication skills, as well as superior collaboration skills. Ability to communicate skillfully with and translate between technical and non-technical people. The incumbent must possess demonstrated abilities in analysis, problem-solving, client support, and continuous improvement. A track record of and passion for researching trends and best practices in higher education teaching, learning, and assessment and associated technologies and integrating this information into faculty development and consultation work with university faculty is required. The position requires significant experience in project management, including demonstrated skills in leading projects to successful on-time completion and a high level of competency in both guiding and contributing expertise to interdisciplinary teams. Experience with rapid prototyping & formative evaluation methodologies as well as a commitment to continuous improvement essential. Experience designing and delivering workshops & other faculty development events needed. Commitment to driving tangible results and improvement metrics essential.
- Master's Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or related field.
- Prior experience in a higher education environment.
- Substantial multimedia (audio, video, digital storytelling), digital, humanities, mobile computing, blended/distance learning experience, eportfolios, and/or learning outcomes & assessment experience.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Requires ability to travel between Tufts' three campuses.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.