College Human Resources Manager - Porterville College
Kern Community College District
College Human Resources Manager - Porterville College
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager serves as the primary point of contact to the College on matters related to the Human Resources (HR) program. The HR Manager manages the College’s day-to-day HR office to include oversight of HR clerical staff, and provides seasoned HR support to the College President, administrators, and employees in conformance with applicable laws and District policies, procedures, and practices. The HR Manager has the authority to make, implement, and enforce decisions consistent with District policy.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business or personnel administration or related field (Equivalent: College-level coursework in personnel related fields and a substantial amount of senior level experience in the fields of human resources/personnel administration. Experience will be converted on the basis of two years related experience is equal to one year of education.)
• Three years of recent successful experience in human resources.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
Examples of Duties:
• Provides consistent interpretation/application of HR polices and procedures within the College.
• Advise, educate, and provide guidance to the College President and administration on all human resources matters related to recruitment, classification, compensation, benefits, employee relations and communication, and employee development to ensure consistency with applicable laws and KCCD HR policies, procedures, and practices.
• Provide professional support to the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Business Systems Analyst in the tracking of College headcount against budget, including salary expense, new requisitions, employees, etc.
• Manage the recruitment process for College classified and adjunct faculty positions, including job requisitioning, advertising/posting, screening, and interview coordination.
• Develop and/or conduct new employee orientation, welcoming and integrating new hires into the College. Develop and/or conduct exit interviews for personnel leaving the College employment.
• Oversee or perform the processing of reassignments, transfers, and separations.
• Administer established salary structure, pay policies, and employee benefit programs and services; review College practices for adherence to District policies and procedures.
• Investigate employee complaints; gather and provide information for appropriate resolution to the District HR Office and College administration; generate appropriate documentation and follow-up to monitor progress.
• Counsel and advise employees on resolving employee relations issues.
• Develop employee recognition programs to promote employee performance/accomplishments through service awards and other related programs at the College.
• Confer with District Office Human Resources administrators on complaints, disciplinary actions, harassment, termination, and/or grievances; provides assistance in research, fact finding, and preparation of statistical reports of the types and frequency of actions taken concerning grievances, mediation, arbitration, legal matters, employee disciplinary actions, and related labor relation issues.
• Develop, perform research, and implement employee trainings and development programs based on needs assessment.
• Administer College HR budget.
• Train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate the work of HR department support staff.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES :
Working knowledge of human resources laws and practices. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), recruitment, compensation, benefits, worker’s compensation, labor law, employee/employer relations, employee development, and conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Independently provide coordination and implementation for College HR office policies, procedures, and activities
• Organize workflow and supervise others
• Interpret and communicate laws and District HR policies and procedures
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings
• Analyze data and compile clear, accurate reports and other documents
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Technology in the human resources environment including knowledge of computerized HR information systems and applications
Click to view complete job description.
Position Number: 01042
Posting Date: 06/06/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $68,245.96 annual
Maximum Salary: $97,482.04 annual
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: H
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Monday, June 23, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
• Completed application packet must include:*
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4494
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.