This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for supporting the Office of Human Resources Recruitment Team through the completion of employment processes, including preparing vacancy announcements; administering various skill assessments, screening applicants for minimum education and experience requirements, checking references, and applicant background checks.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Respond to applicant and potential applicants’ inquiries concerning vacancies and status of applications.
- Place ads in publications and on internet sites as directed; maintain job postings on Spelman’s job board and other various websites;source, pre-screen resumes for vacant positions.
- Help support Recruiters with new-hire paperwork, setting up interviews, coordinating and organizing meetings and appointments.
- Schedule, interviews, meetings and other activities and events for recruitment and training.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for applicants coming from out of state.
- Conduct a high volume of applicant sourcing each week.
- Produce ad hoc recruiting reports, including Excel spreadsheets to track all recruitment activity.
- Work with the Senior Recruiters to streamline recruitment processes.
- Close out job folders, maintain accurate filing system /records of applicant flow logs and completed job folders. Also ensure files are archived and destroyed appropriately.
- Administrative experience ( i.e., filing, record-keeping, creating various forms, adobe writable forms, flyers, and mail merge).
- Ensure recruitment surveys are sent to all hiring managers.
- Build relationships with temporary agencies and other vendors; ensure that all temporary agencies provide certificates of liability and that they remain up to date.
- Schedule, test administration and assessment of all applicants for clerical positions and assessment for candidate who will need to assess other skill sets.
- Establish contact with and manage relationships with active and passive candidates to build a pipeline that support staffing objectives.
- Ensure that recruiting activities are in compliance with government regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Conduct employment reference and background checks on candidates.
- Must be able to build trust and strong partnerships with our stakeholders and hiring managers.
- Knowledge of immigration and labor certification process preferred.
- Electronic filing and E-verify experience preferred.