Health Systems Analyst Programmer II
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical Translational Research is seeking a Health Systems Analyst Programmer II (this is a full-time salaried TERM position lasting six months to one year).
Position Specific Key Functions and Expected Performance:
- Collaborate as a member of numerous research teams to design and manage complex datasets.
- Provide expertise in the design of research projects, focusing on fundamental issues including specification of hypotheses and basic study design.
- Provide support services for dataset creation, cleaning and dissemination to remote site research teams.
- Prepare/share datasets for submission to a central study data center in regular intervals.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for all development and modification to include higher-level flow diagrams and data field definitions.
- Collaborate as a member of a research team on the implementation and analysis of a research project.
- Competent to work independently on all phases of complex database development and maintenance.
- Implement planned analysis, including data verification and data correction as necessary, using one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data.
- Provide training and assistance to users, including materials and manuals, on the use of the databases.
- Generate custom reports regarding data integrity and quality as well as study related outcomes.
- Integrity and security of data
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data
- Promote confidentiality, security policies and procedures
- Provide support for user security processes
- Be aware of impact of data across systems
Preferred knowledge, skills and experience:
* Strong background in SAS programming required.
* Good communication skills (verbal and written) required.
* Expertise in database design (MySQL, Oracle, and/or SQL Server).
* Must be able to work in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills.
* Full life-cycle web application development experience preferred.
* Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines.
* Assist lower level analyst programmers with technical problems.
* Prefer prior experience with program documentation.
* Prefer detail and process oriented.
NOTE: A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Job requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization VICTR 104242PI78836734