Enrollment Center Representative
Department Name Enrollment Center
Campus or Location Eastern Campus
Vacancy Number PT205-14
Reports To Associate Director
Recruitment Type Not Selected
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Provides first-level enrollment services support in the following areas: admissions, registration, cashiering/payment of student fees, financial aid, scholarships and responds to requests for general information with a commitment to student customer satisfaction, quality and accuracy. Performs related enrollment service functions that support office operations. Provides appropriate referrals to other service areas, and provides telephone and on-line service support for the campus and the college.
Assists in processing academic records
• Greets visitors, responds to inquiries from current and prospective students, provides information, makes appropriate referrals, and schedules appointment as appropriate
• Assists current and prospective students with information inquiries and registration processing, both in-person, on-line and over the telephone
• Assists students with completing necessary forms; validates forms for accuracy; process as required
• Accesses, inputs, and retrieves data from BANNER and other data systems.
• Maintains files and records; utilizes scanning technology to update electronic files.
• Accepts, checks completeness and accuracy, processes, and updates student information and
documents in college-wide databases and systems
• Answers questions and assist with Financial Assistance application (FAFSA} completion, explains the funds disbursement procedures, reviews the student’s tracking and award status
• Provides scholarship and student loan information
• Answers questions regarding status of Standards of Academic Progress
• Receives Emergency Funds requests
• Reviews High Schooi/GED/Ability-To-Benefit documents and updates student information system accordingly
• Accepts Selective Service Information
• Informs student of academic status and accepts appeal for readmission
• Processes registration payments, payment for services, sales, fines and items to be held for safe keeping
• Rotates between in person and electronic customer service duties
• Reconciles Banner sessions and prepares bank deposits including balancing cash drawer within
specified procedural limits
• Processes My Tri-C Card requests, authorization forms, and transactions related to the card program
• Answers questions relating to student accounts, transactions, book authorizations, collections, and other information as requested.
• Acquires knowledge of, understands, and adheres to applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulatory requirements, and College policies and procedures
• Anticipates and meets all customer needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Associate Degree
• Two (2) years of equivalent full-time clerical experience in an office environment.
• One (1) year of equivalent full-time experience in student services in an educational setting.
• Experience with an integrated student software system
• Skills with keyboarding, basic grammar and math, standard level word processing (MS Word) and standard level spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
• Ability to understand and utilize Third Party software for student transactions, i.e., Sally Mae, Bosscars, BlackBoard
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of regular work.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent student customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
• Ability to be professional in interaction with internal and external customers at all times in person,on line and over the telephone.
• Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work.
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Five years direct student services work experience at a higher education institution
• Knowledge and experience with Banner student information and related student transaction
Monday - Friday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
May require flexibility including possible mornings and some evenings and weekend hours during peak periods.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary 17.24
Some evenings and weekends required during peek hours
Part time SEIU 1199 employees are given 1st consideration for this positon.
10:00 – 2:00 Monday – Friday
Posting Open Date 06/06/2014
Posting Close Date 06/13/2014
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Are you a CURRENT part time 1199 SEIU Bargaining Unity Employee at Tri-C?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae