Customer Service Center Specialist
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
STARS Requisition Number 25455BR
University Job Title Customer Service Representative
Posting Position Title Customer Service Center Specialist
Bargaining Unit L34
Job Category Clerical & Technical
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade D
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 344 Winchester
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Position Focus: Third shift position for Facilities. Responds to routine and emergency maintenance requests and initiate action for repairs while providing outstanding customer service to internal and external Yale University clients. Utilizing the building automation system, monitor, and control HVAC systems and associated equipment in University buildings in a 24/7 essential operation.
Note: Hours may change based on staffing coverage. Holiday and Recess coverage is mandatory, as is overtime when necessary. This position falls within a Unit that provides a critical function for the University. In the possible event of a University closure, emergency, scheduled or non-scheduled event, it may be required to work without notice which may include off-shift hours and/or a temporary change in scheduled hours.
The schedule for this position is Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 12:00am midnight - 8:30am.
Work Schedule (Other than Standard) 12:00am midnight - 8:30am
Principal Responsibilities 1. Receives routine and emergency maintenance/repair requests for building maintenance and environmental conditions, and initiates action to make necessary repairs. Coordinates repairs with department supervisors, tradesman, and customers. Generates emergency and routine maintenance work orders and radio dispatch appropriate trades. Inputs data into Computerized Maintenance System. Includes constant phone usage with multiple lines.
2. Monitors and acknowledges all Building and Automation System alarms. Prints and reviews alarm reports and those related to communications and network status. Takes corrective action through direct software intervention or by assigning and dispatching the proper trade for field repair follow-up.
3. Enters data into computerized systems and monitors building maintenance needs and status of work requests. Compiles and analyzes data related to building maintenance and environmental systems. Communicates HVAC and BAS status internally through electronic turn over forms and other effective methods.
4. Performs data entry into Maintenance Management Systems and tracks flow of Facility Service Requests; assists appropriate codes for funding source and work type; daily data entry for all labor/time, action notes, labor transfers and status changes associated with all work orders; issues work orders after work is scheduled by planning function; generates; creating Purchase Requisitions/processing Invoices; sorts and distributes work order and job tickets to appropriate supervisors.
5. Maintains necessary reports, documentation, customer service center logs, records, call back reports, procedures and supporting documentation, and contact lists for various departments. Compiles statistical data and information. Establishes and maintains filing systems. Merges, scans and manipulates filing systems. Picks up, sorts, distributes and responds to mail. Relays and coordinates messages. Types correspondence, memoranda and other material.
6. Distributes keys, radios and maintains records. Issues permits for lock out/tag out, hot work, confined space, and 'Call Before You Dig' process.
7. Interfaces with students, staff, management and various customers by phone, email, or in person.
8. Performs related duties and functions specifics to all levels.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related experience and an Associate Degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Proven experience working in an operation center, customer service center or equivalent. Outstanding communications and customer service skills with a strong sense of responsiveness to internal and external requests. Excellent phone manner, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Knowledge and ability to operate computerized monitoring system. Ability to respond to complex building problems, and initiate corrective action with minimal or no direction
Required Skill/Ability 3: Knowledge of computer systems, data processing equipment, spreadsheet software, and a general knowledge of facility operations and building systems. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Proven ability to take a high level of initiative; ability to effectively identify and resolve problems independently as well as part of a team. Must be able to exercise discretion, responsibility, and sound professional judgment. Proven reliable attendance and punctuality.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies and software applications and to apply knowledge to varied environment and changing tasks. Ability to juggle multiple complex tasks, coordinate tasks, and meet multiple deadlines under time pressure with frequent interruptions.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Energy management systems experience. Two years experience working in a commercial facility or industrial environment monitoring of one or more of the following systems: HVAC, chilled water, steam, electrical, building automation or control systems. Experience with firms such as: Johnson Controls Metasys, Automated Logix, Siemens and/or Tridium.
Weekend Hours Required? Yes
Evening Hours Required? Yes
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All External candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.