Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks a Project Coordinator, within the Center for Assessment of Post-Traditional Instruction, Training and Learning. The Project Coordinator develops and oversees a workflow process to promote and schedule activities associated with the academic evaluation of workplace training programs for the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Serve as the project coordinator for work flow related to the academic assessment of workplace training and credentialing programs (according to Policy 071):
- Serve as liaison with business/industry staff, SMEs, and college faculty/staff to collect and disseminate appropriate course materials as needed;
- Create and monitor deadlines to ensure timely turnaround from submission to evaluation;
- Ensure all legal documents are sent, signed, and filed appropriately;
- Develop and manage a revalidation schedule for all training programs,
- Track program degree requirement changes and maintain updated information;
- Create new (or amend current) database to reflect status of assessments and credit assigned;
- Schedule and facilitate internal meetings as needed, and prepare monthly status reports;
- Distribute communication, internally and externally, regarding evaluation results;
- Handle special projects related to the evaluation of training, as requested; provide assistance, as requested, to Executive Director;
- Process SME payments and monitor budget;
- Represent CAPITAL internally and externally as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of related experience, preferably in higher education and/or corporate training;
- Experience coordinating projects within an institution, corporation and/or public sector setting preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database management experience;
- Direct work experience with project management practices, and knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work cooperatively with internal staff, high-level external contacts, and students;
- Basic knowledge of training and education principles, familiarity with curriculum ,assessment, and adult learning theory preferred;
- Ability to coordinate and foster collaboration on numerous activities working with a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure timely results;
- Ability to work independently to complete projects on time.
- A desire to obtain project management certification (e.g., CAPM, PMP) or an advanced degree in a related field.
- No travel, or only very infrequent travel
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information to: http://www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission or by mail:
Human Resources Office
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.