Dean of Academic Affairs
Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 325 N. Wells
Home Department: Academic Affairs
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Dean of Academic Affairs is responsible for leading and supporting the faculty and academic staff of the Chicago and Grayslake campuses in the delivery of instruction that meets The Chicago Schools goals for academic excellence, in tandem with the dynamic and diverse goals of the campus and the institutions strategic priorities. In addition, the Dean contributes to the development of sound academic policies and processes that support the goals of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. The Dean reports to the Chicago Campus President and has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Academic Affairs..
- Lead the strategic academic planning process for the campus by working with department chairs, faculty, committees, operations, and governance groups to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective academic programs that meet the campus fiscal, operational, and quality goals.
- Ensure the academic quality, integrity, and continuous improvement of campus curricular content and instructional delivery through TCSPPs Program Review process and the process for assessment and improvement of faculty performance.
- Implement innovative, effective, and efficient innovative programming through multiple academic delivery models.
- Ensure that academic programming and processes comply with standardized structures and content established by TCSPP.
- Ensure program and institutional compliance with criteria for professional accreditation, regional accreditation, and state certification.
- Oversee the preparation of sound annual budgets for the academic departments and ensure compliance with these budgets. Allocate academic resources to best support the academic goals of the campus.
- Ensure the recruitment and retention of diverse and highly qualified faculty and academic staff.
- Support effective and collegial faculty governance structures and establish regular communication with the leadership of Faculty Council.
- Develop and recommend major academic, student, and faculty policies to the national Vice President of Academic Affairs of TCSPP to ensure innovation, quality, continuous improvement, and growth of the school.
- Ensure effective and appropriate representation of the campus in the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Supervise the Academic Department Chairs, Associate Dean, Library, Test Kit Center and Campus Centers.
- Collaborate with the Admissions, Registrar and Director of Finance/Operations department for effective short and long-term enrollment management.
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs for programming that supports student development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the institutional mission and values.
- Evidence of scholarship and leadership to foster a culture of scholarship.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A commitment to assessment and continuous improvement
- A commitment to furthering the mission of TCSPP through growth with quality
- Demonstrated success with state and professional accreditation agencies and regulators
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Evidence of successful decision making in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity initiatives.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution
- Senior level experience in higher education administration with a strong record of academic leadership
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visitwww.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visitwww.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.