PROFESSOR, CULTURAL STUDIES – THE ACADEMY FOR ARTS, LETTERS, CULTURE AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
The University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT) is a dynamic student-oriented institution providing a broad spectrum of high-quality, career-oriented diploma, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes in areas ranging from Science and Technology to Education and the Arts. The University has a cadre of dedicated professionals committed to its development and growth.
The Mission of UTT, the first National University of Trinidad and Tobago, is “to be an entrepreneurial university, designed to discover and develop entrepreneurs, commercialise research and development and spawn companies for wealth generation and sustainable job creation towards the equitable enhancement of the quality of life of all individuals, families and communities of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean”.
If you are a performance driven, innovative and progressive person, looking for a new challenge in your career, then UTT has the opportunity you are looking for. Applications are now open to join UTT as Professor, Cultural Studies
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enacts curriculum, develops course materials and assigns projects for both undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Grades and assesses student learning outcomes;
- Supervises junior and support staff and performs academic advising;
- Delivers training as and when required;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programmes and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Supervises field and clinical experiences;
- Guides Master’s and Doctoral level dissertations.
- Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals;
- Makes presentations at conferences;
- Stays current in related discipline through involvement in professional organizations, workshops, etc.;
- Secures external funding;
- Provides leadership support at various levels of the University;
- Participates in various committees at the University as well as provides service to the wider community through workshops, seminars, public lectures and consulting services to government and industry.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Cultural Studies, including but not limited to comparative literature, media and communication, Fine Arts/ Theatre/ Performance, Cultural Anthropology, Visual Culture or terminal degrees with relevant combination of experience and training may be considered
- Minimum of twelve (12) years at a senior level actively involved in teaching and research at an institution of higher learning including six (6) years at an Associate Professorship level
- Demonstrated scholarly activity (publications/ presentations at conferences) at a local and international level
- Sound knowledge (both theory and practice) in subject field or discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of creative pedagogical skills
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline, including advanced teaching methods to support undergraduate and graduate student learning and career objectives
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly productivity
- Ability to work with campus-based personnel and students
Interested persons should visit www.u.tt/jobs to complete the application process.
Deadline for applications: Friday July 4th, 2014