Associate Director for Programs, Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
As an integral part of the Division of Enrollment Management (EM) at Vanderbilt University, the Associate Director for Programs will function within a collaborative EM environment, assisting in the planning and implementation of all aspects of financial aid to meet Vanderbilt's enrollment goals.Â The Associate Director will support the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships, providing leadership for the office by developing goals, objectives, policies and procedures while setting and maintaining momentum for Vanderbilt University's progressive undergraduate, graduate and professional aid programs.Â The Associate Director should have a demonstrated record of leadership, strategic thinking, and experience in personnel management as well as strong written and oral communication skills.Â The Associate Director will report directly to the Director of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience administering need-based and merit-based aidÂ programs with a demonstration of increasing responsibility is preferred.
- Familiarity with enterprise student financial aid administration systems is required; experience with PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Assist in providing overall leadership, direction, and guidance for the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (OSFA) by developing goals and objectives based upon institutional policy. Oversee day-to-day operations of the office.
- Ensure the most effective operations of OSFA through federal and state financial aid program oversight.
- Serve as the chief compliance officer, ensuring OSFA compliance with all applicable federal, state and institutional laws, regulations and policies.
- Serve as OSFA's chief training officer; ensuring office-wide training is timely, relevant and effective.
- Create an organizational culture (both within and across departments) that provides a satisfying and enriching environment for employees and provides a qualified, competent staff to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Identify, establish and evaluate quality assurance standards, programs, and procedures within OSFA.
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Admissions & Financial Aid
Organization Financial Aid 150420PI78589364