Instructional Designer (F557)
School/College: Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
Department: Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology
The Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology (ITT) engages, enables, and encourages APU faculty to leverage the best pedagogical practices and the most appropriate technologies to enrich and enhance the student learning experience. ITT seeks a flexible, energetic and productive Instructional Designer (ID) who will stimulate and support face-to-face and blended learning at APU. The ID will work closely with faculty and academic programs to design and deliver high-quality, technology-enhanced courses which utilize the best pedagogical practices for engaged learning. This position requires strong knowledge of technology-enhanced pedagogy theories and practices, as well as overall best practices in teaching. The ID reports to the Executive Director of the Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology.
Faculty Training and Support
- Offers training opportunities (face-to-face and online) for faculty interested in teaching blended courses.
- Provides pedagogical and technical support for faculty using multimedia, audio, and video technology.
- Provides resources and training to enhance teaching in face-to-face environments, as well as technology-enhanced environments.
- Partners with faculty to design high-quality blended courses using instructional design principles for engaged learning.
- Aligns blended course materials with instructional learning, departmental, and/or subject matter objectives and measurable assessments.
- Supports the design and development of blended curricula that utilize a variety of existing and emerging technologies.
Blended Learning Project Management
- Oversees credentialing process to validate faculty training completion.
- Collaborates as needed with project investigators to coordinate data collection and research protocols.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends and technologies in instructional design and fields related to blended courses in higher education.
- Works closely with other ITT members and relevant campus units to coordinate necessary resources.
Level: Administrative Faculty, commensurate with rank and experience.
Doctorate preferred; Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related degree required. Strong preference will be given to candidates with an established track record as an effective instructor who utilizes technology-enhanced teaching.
3-5 years of experience in faculty training, instructional design, or educational technology environments.
Workload: Full-time, 12-month, administrative faculty position.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as collaborative and dynamic leadership skills
- Ability to craft vision and inspire high levels of performance.
- Able to provide clear and effective feedback.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand new processes and communicate them effectively to others
- Ability to work with web-based programs
- Demonstrated capacity to work across organizational units to create strong collaborative programs, maximize resources, and enhance the work of faculty.
Hire Date: January 2014Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.