Assistant Professor, Organization Behavior
The Management Division at Babson College is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Organization Behavior starting the 2015/2016 academic year.
We are looking for an experienced, engaged educator and scholar who:
• Is passionate about teaching organizational behavior and related topics to undergraduates, MBA and Masters students, and Executives, and has a proven track record in teaching excellence and innovative curriculum development.
• Has a vibrant research stream that is interesting to both academics and managers, and the ability to publish in both academic and practitioner journals.
• Is a team-player who is willing to lead and collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach integrated business curricula.
• Is curious about and comfortable with technology and is willing to teach in a blended/online environment.
• Has business and management experience and can quickly establish credibility in the classroom, especially with MBA students and Executives.
• Has a Ph.D. or related terminal degree from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
• Will be a fun, engaging, helpful colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College.
Academy of Management Meeting Interviews: We will conduct limited interviews at the 2014 Academy of Management Meeting in Philadelphia, PA. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and curriculum vita that includes teaching, research, and work experience by July 15th through Babson College’s online hiring system at: https://babson.peopleadmin.com/
Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. For the past 20 years, we have been ranked #1 in entrepreneurship by U.S. News & World Report.
Babson’s dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has nearly 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,300 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. student comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching and scholarly excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
The Management Division faculty are engaged teachers and scholars who are passionate about pedagogical and discipline based research. Our faculty are interested in a range of topics including careers, diversity, identity, change, coaching and mentoring, leadership, negotiation, socialization, and work-life issues. Because we believe in an expansive definition of impact, our faculty publish in range of scholarly and practitioner outlets.
Full application materials should be submitted by September 15th through Babson College’s online hiring system at https://babson.peopleadmin.com/.
Application materials should include: 1) letter of application, 2) vita that includes teaching, research, and work experience, 3) teaching statement, 4) research statement, 5) evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student survey results, syllabi, innovative teaching materials, etc.) and 6) evidence of research effectiveness (e.g. published papers, cases, etc.) Please do not email materials.
Babson College is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position availability subject to change.