Capstone Coordinator- COCE
If you’re the kind of person who seeks out challenges and goes to work every day prepared to bring your A-game, you’re the kind of candidate we’re looking for at Southern New Hampshire University. We’re a private, nonprofit university with 3,000 traditional full-time students at our Manchester campus and nearly 35,000 students online, making us one of the fastest-growing universities in the country. We have a unique culture of innovation that values collaboration, and we believe every employee has a voice in driving student success. We offer a highly competitive benefits package and have been ranked a Best College to Work For six years in a row by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Capstone Coordinator, working with various COCE Academic staff, is responsible for oversight and management of capstone experiences. Responsibilities include the organization, administration and monitoring of capstone courses, as well as the ongoing collection, organization and reporting of assessment data related to program-level outcomes and student learning objectives required for accreditation. In addition, the Capstone Coordinator will assist in the development, revision, and implementation of capstone courses consistent with the standards and policies of COCE. The Capstone Coordinator reports directly to the AVP of Academic Quality and Assessment.
- Assist in the development, revision, and implementation of COCE standards surrounding capstone courses
- Collect, analyze, and report data surrounding attainment of program outcomes within and across capstone courses
- Serve as the team lead for all capstone courses
- Monitor and troubleshoot student and instructor issues in capstone courses
- Collaborate with program advisors on student issues surrounding capstones
- Monitor, coordinate, and report against various success metrics associated with student persistence and student learning
- Master’s degree required. Preference given to candidates with a degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Assessment, or a related field.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of capstone courses
- Experience in higher education and online education preferred
- Three years of related administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications – spreadsheets a must.
- Proven ability to learn new applications.