Instructor of Welding Technology
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn what to think, not how to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Alfred State College is seeking a 10 month welding instructor to teach in our Computerized Design & Manufacturing program on the Wellsville campus.
Interested candidates should be fluent in welding all processes in all positions using AWS standards. Job includes welding setup and/or operation of various welding machines, cutting, and various materials. A strong background of welding, blueprint reading, and math skill required. Inspection of parts and problem-solving skills helpful.
• Present facilitative, well prepared, organized, and clear lectures and classroom activities consistent with the course syllabus and school policies.
• Continually promote students' development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, professionalism, customer service, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
• Student advisement-provide the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework and projects.
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of student academic and attendance performance.
• Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and actively participate in their implementation and enforcement.
• Follow all retention policies of the school to ensure students are in attendance.
Qualified applicants must have 5 years of practical welding experience or 7 years practical work experience. Previous teaching desirable, but not required. CWE/CWI a plus.
Applicants with a degree will be given preference as well as those with more than 5 years of welding experience.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to drug and criminal background checks.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-services/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
Interested applicants must provide a resume and cover letter of interest when applying.