Director, Masters in Occupational Therapy
Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an outstanding academic leader as the Founding Director of the Occupational Therapy Program. The director is vested with the administrative authority to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected outcomes of the Occupational Therapy Program. The program director reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
Program Director Duties and Responsibilities
The director is the program’s chief academic officer and reports to and advises the dean regarding the program. The director will:
- Manage and administer the entry-level Masters of Occupational Therapy Program assuring compliance with the American Occupational Therapy Association Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) Standards and Guidelines
- Maintain excellence in teaching and service
- Support a student-centered culture that emphasizes academic excellence and welcomes diverse groups
- Develop the Masters of OT program aligning the university mission and strategic goals with program outcomes and accreditation standards
- Create a Masters of OT program sensitive to various delivery formats, teaching methods, work schedules, and institutional location
- Recruit, support, supervise, and review faculty and staff on an ongoing basis
- Support faculty teaching, scholarship and service
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Plan and manage the program budget and other resources in concert with the dean
- Manage student enrollment with emphasis on academic excellence
- Work collaboratively across campus units to recruit and retain students
- Develop and maintain community partnerships
- Complete timely communication between the OT program, University administration, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Conduct strategic planning and program assessment that supports the program and university goals within the guidelines of university governance and policies
Program Director Qualifications
The Director of the Masters of Occupational Therapy Program is expected to meet Trinity’s minimum qualifications for teaching at the University while meeting expectations of the ACOTE.
- Must be a licensed OT and hold licensure in the District of Columbia
- Must possess an earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, OTD or equivalent in related field) awarded by a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy that includes clinical practice, administration, and scholarship
- Possess at least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level
- Possess the academic and experiential qualifications and background to meet the mission of the program
- Demonstrate documented expertise in one’s area of teaching responsibility
- Show evidence of scholarship and service
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a complete C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include names and contact information for at least three professional references along with a recent writing sample. Please include the candidate’s last name and the reference “Director, Masters of Occupational Therapy” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.