Director of Programming - CCPS (1402)
The Director of Programming for the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies is responsible for the development and management of the CCPS programs and classes. The Director provides analysis of CCPS programming and enrollment for strategic planning of the department. Supervises CCPS programming staff.
- Effectively administers the development and delivery of CCPS classes and events.
- Establishes target markets and administers the development of curriculum and programs to meet identified needs in the community.
- Recruits and hires quality adjunct instructors for curriculum design and classroom instruction.
- Negotiates instructor contracts and pay rates. Dismisses instructors when warranted.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining quality of instruction in CCPS classes and programs.
- Establishes appropriate assessments and benchmarks for measuring quality and effectiveness of instruction.
- Utilizes course evaluations and other data to assess quality of instruction.
- Supervises staff assigned to program development and management.
- In collaboration with the dean and programming staff, directs the development of new programming; manages program development process by matching community need with innovative programming.
- Gathers and analyzes data through various techniques such as surveys, focus groups, environmental scans, etc., to assess need and target markets.
- Develops and implements budget models and pricing for courses and programs.
- Provides financial analysis of programming measuring fiscal performance against established benchmarks.
- Advocates for CCPS grant moneys by investigating grant opportunities and developing grant proposals.
- Coordinates certification/accreditation reviews in collaboration with programing staff.
- Oversees budget and manages revenue and expenses for CCPS Programming.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with benchmarks, i.e., go-no/go class decisions, financial goal of individual classes or programs, faculty compensation, evaluations.
- Manages policy changes to meet benchmarks based on operational data and analysis.
- Contributes to the development of the annual CCPS Marketing Plan and other marketing strategies.
- Directs geo-demographic analysis to establish market segments and to provide direction for new programming initiatives.
- Develops web strategy in collaboration with other CCPS Staff.
- Develops educational provider contracts in collaboration with the Dean of Continuing Professional Studies.
- Coordinates special course offerings or programs as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Adult and Continuing Education, or related field. Prefer Certified Program Planner certification from LERN (Learning Resources Network).
Five years management experience preferably in a Continuing Education Program. Evidence of program development
Microsoft Office Suite: database systems; information retrieval and analysis; database query design preferred
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE