Executive Dean, South Haven Campus
LAKE MICHIGAN COLLEGE
Executive Dean, South Haven Campus
DIVISION: South Haven Campus
REPORTS TO: President
DEPARTMENT: South Haven Campus
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a comprehensive community college situated on the shores of southern Lake Michigan. The region provides a unique blend of resort-style amenities and a diverse economic base. The College’s district is home to the world headquarters of a Fortune 150 company, nuclear energy production, agriculture, and tourism. Recognized for its many beaches, nationally acclaimed golf courses, a flourishing wine industry, the region also provides a wide range of cultural, educational and professional opportunities for families. The College is within 90 minutes of downtown Chicago. The University of Notre Dame and Western Michigan University are within 45 minutes of the LMC campus.
Lake Michigan College is a dynamic institution offering over 100 degree and certificate programs through three campuses and a Technology Center. The College was recently named one of the country’s 50 fastest growing community colleges within its size range and is strongly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
LMC enrolls approximately 7,000 students annually and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). It has an annual budget of approximately $29 million.
Responsible for providing senior leadership for South Haven operations, including the development, coordination and evaluation of academic programs, student services and community outreach in conjunction with the leadership team and respective Deans. Exercises broad authority over campus activities consistent with Board policy. Interprets mission of the campus to external audiences. Develops, implements and evaluates annual goals and long-range operational plans. Proposes and works to implement innovative programs and services based on the needs of the region. Responsible for all programs and services offered on the campus. Serves as chief advocate for the campus in articulating needs and services, both internally and externally, and provides budget request input and administer the budget.
• Coordinates the development, scheduling, delivery and evaluation of courses offered for credit and non-credit.
• Provides overall supervision and service for the South Haven staff and campus activities.
• Develops and recommends policies and procedures related to academic and student services.
• Leads the strategic planning and program expansion at the South Haven campus.
• Coordinates faculty and staff assignment in conjunction with Deans and operating Divisions.
• Monitors the access, enrollment and success of students and plans programs and services to improve access, success and enrollment based on findings.
• Facilitates access to College programs and services for students in collaboration with Student Services.
• Coordinates outreach and marketing to area business, industry, schools and government agencies in collaboration with respective divisions.
• Provides feedback to the President.
• Serve as an incubator for new ideas.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree required, Doctorate preferred. Three to five years of college administration experience required; community college administration preferred. Business management, student services and/or teaching experience desirable. Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Candidates must complete an online application for employment including a letter of interest and resume. For a complete position description and online application, please visit us at www.lakemichigancollege.edu/hr. Original college transcripts are required upon hire.