Research Analyst I
This is a part-time position 20 hours per week. This person will provide research and data collection support to an investigator in the department of Pediatric Endocrinology. Research will be conducted with adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their families on a project, funded by NIDDK, to develop and test an intervention aimed at improving adherence to diabetes management.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Collect and organize data from a variety of reference sources
- Prepare charts, graphs, and tables according to accepted research practices
- Perform preliminary analysis
- Assist in investigating and gathering data
- Route questionnaires, record information and distribute results using established procedures
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing study participants
- Provide appropriate documentation for research
- Update manual and/ or automated database file and maintain records
- Assist in the preparation of materials for publication
- Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices
- Keep abreast of trends in field of study
- Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
- May supervise student assistants
- Plan and assign work
- May assist in lab maintenance.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain inventory control.
Job requires Bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
- Behavioral Research experience highly preferred
- Experience working with children is a plus
- Background in psychology or health care
- Redcap experience preferred
Primary Location TN-Nashville-DOT - VCH Doctor's Office Tower
Organization Pediatric Endocrinology 104580PI77467689