Job ID 2014-55683
# Positions 1
Location US-IL-Downers Grove
Posted Date 4/17/2014
Division Chamberlain College of Nursing
The Financial Analyst provides financial analysis and plays a key role in the development of financial models, annual budgets and forecasts and capital and expense analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the annual budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning process
- Support the monthly close, financial reporting and management reporting process
- Provide analytical decision support, including financial analysis, program profitability analysis, cost variance analysis and capital expenditure justification
- Work collaboratively with other institutions/functional areas (e.g. accounting, real estate, marketing, academic operations) to assist with enhancing business processes, internal controls and reporting
- Support the development of presentations for institutional/functional leadership, board of directors/boards of trustees
- Identify process improvement opportunities while delivering timely and zero-defect analyses and reports with minimal support
- Supports special projects, as needed
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of corporate finance and/or accounting with direct hands on experience with demonstrated ability to analyze financial and operational data.
- Knowledge of GAAP, ideally within a public company setting; awareness of Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Insightful and service oriented- Ability to organize information, manage tasks and analyze data
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with executive management and staff members
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with developing financial models; Microsoft Access knowledge desirable
- Experience with corporate ERP systems preferred
- Experience with Cognos or TM1 Planning systems, or similar financial planning application preferred
- Potential to assume increasing responsibilities within the department and the organization.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.