Associate Dean - University College
Sumnmary of Duties:
The Associate Dean assists the Dean with the vision, strategic planning, and administration of the college with specific duties related to curriculum, university studies degrees, assessment, academic support services, student exceptions, policy, faculty development, and faculty tenure and rank.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices with retention and first-year programming.
- Knowledge and a solid record of on-going scholarly contributions.
- Expertise, educational background, experience, and knowledge of current practices and trends related to any of the following: developmental education, ESL, student success, advisement, academic support services, and general studies degrees.
- Knowledge of educational units dedicated to student success.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative processes, including but not limited to program assessment, tenure, rank, post-tenure, faculty evaluation, and faculty advocacy.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of administration, supervision, personnel practices, and office procedures.
Earned terminal degree from an accredited institution in a discipline closely associated with those represented within the College/School. Achievement of tenure and rank of at least Associate Professor (Rank of Professor preferred) and three years of effective administrative experience.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an earned doctorate degree in a discipline closely associated to those represented within the College. Demonstrated achievement of tenure and advancement in rank as a faculty member in an academic department and three years of effective administrative and leadership experience in higher education (preferably as a department chair).
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, write, and prepare papers and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop, implement, interpret, and evaluate policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to provide vision and adapt to change.