Job Summary/Essential Functions:
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
The Director of Admissions supervises the admissions team and acts as the lead recruiter to attract qualified and diverse students.
The Director provides leadership in the development and implementation of detailed recruitment plans to achieve new student enrollment targets for all program levels, including new freshman and transfer student populations.
The Director formulates and articulates comprehensive strategies for the well-organized use of technology to facilitate high quality prospect and applicant management.
Under the executive leadership of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, and in collaboration with, university marketing and program leadership, the Director of Admissions works to increase the visibility of the University's programs with prospective domestic and international students to secure an increasing number of admissions applications, in a highly competitive marketplace.
The Director exhibits a student-centric service attitude.
- Facilitate development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment/enrollment plans and budgets for each of the undergraduate degree programs.
- Manage associated expenditures in support of recruitment initiatives and monitor departmental budget monthly to ensure efficient use of available funds.
- Provide continuous monitoring of College enrollment efforts and adjust plans and activities as necessary to assure that goals are being met.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Student Communications, Marketing and Communications, and the academic departments to develop compelling content for recruitment communications, website, print publications, advertising, etc.
- Train, supervise and evaluate performance of admissions staff; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with College policies and applicable laws.
- Manage admissions staff to achieve the objectives of the College's enrollment management plan through direct coaching, mentoring and motivating.
- Lead and implement enrollment initiatives, to attract, recruit, and enroll a qualified, talented, and diverse student body in a manner that supports the College's recruitment, admissions, and retention goals.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment and student service plans for the admissions office.
- Actively direct and coordinate functions of the Office of Admissions; oversee campus-wide enrollment activities, including coordinating recruitment efforts with academic departments.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and standards for efficient and effective operation of the admission process. Assure guidelines and procedures are consistent with College mission,
goals and applicable regulations, and are responsive to the needs of staff and students.
Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
Required Degree: Masters
Degree required by: Start date
Required Discipline(s) for Degree: marketing, business administration, communications, student affairs, or related field.
Screening to Begin: 06-09-2014
Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting *before* you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below. Please note that there is a file size limitation of 2MB for each individual document attached.
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
3. Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions.
% Full Time: 100
Term of Appointment: 12
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience responsibility in the field of college admissions.
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing admissions personnel and management of enrollment, marketing, or other related admissions activities.
- Experience generating and/or using market research data to develop and implement recruitment strategies.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Advanced knowledge of recruitment concepts, methods, principles, philosophies, and resources.
- Advanced knowledge of admissions operational policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and experience implementing, maintaining, and guiding the use of prospect and application systems (preferably, Apply Yourself and Hobsons Connect/Intelliworks.
Pre-Placement Physical: No
Hearing Test: No
Medical Monitoring Post Hire: No
Protective Equipment: None