Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Announcement #: 14-160
Campus: Central Services
Required Documents: Resume
Number of Working Months: 12 Months
Salary: $4,721.27 per month
Close Date: 6/4/2014
Employment Duration: Full-Time
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
This position supports the Student Accounts Receivable and Benefits Program at Foothill and De Anza Colleges and District Office. The position will involve a high volume of transactions with students and benefits data. Also will include heavy data research and analysis. The incumbent will report to Assistant Controller.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of professional accounting work in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers or programs; analyze and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of revenues and expenditures.
The Accountant is a professional-level class responsible for a variety of accounting tasks in the analysis and development of finance statements and reports. The Senior Accountant performs high-level professional accounting tasks and auditing work in the analysis of financial reports and development of special financial projects at the District-level.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform a variety of professional accounting tasks in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers and programs.
• Analyze, verify and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of expenditures and revenues; enter information into appropriate computerized system; make recommendations regarding the findings; maintain related files.
• Prepare cash and check deposits; review account codes, input entries and review daily cash reports.
• Prepare a variety of financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, budgets and other reports; review daily reports against cash and credit card receipt batches; prepare sales tax reports.
• Assure the proper balance of accounts payable and accounts receivable; audit and process payment requests; reconcile bank accounts; print and disburse checks as appropriate.
• Update current systems to support changes in technology.
• Operate a computer, calculator and other office equipment.
• Prepare and review journal entries for various departments including payroll accrual, interest from investments, bank charges, fees and credit card discounts, sales tax reclassification and other entries as assigned.
• Communicate with various school personnel to provide accounting information and support; communicate with outside contacts regarding bank transactions and other accounting related issues.
• Audit and assist with physical inventory as assigned.
• Initiate research as necessary.
• Review bank accounts for irregularities and make corrections as necessary.
• Provide work direction and guidance to students or other accounting personnel.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Accounting practices, procedures and terminology.
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Operation of a computer and assigned software.
• General accounting, budget and business functions of a school district.
• Preparation of financial statements and comprehensive accounting reports.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Perform a variety of professional accounting work in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers or programs.
• Analyze and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of revenues and expenditures.
• Maintain accurate financial and statistical records and statements.
• Verify, reconcile, balance, audit and adjust assigned accounts.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Plan and organize work.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Operate a computer and other office equipment.
• Make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
• Office environment.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone as well as making presentations.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Seeing to read various materials.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
• Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects up to 30 lbs.
• Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Any combination equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance or related field AND three (3) years experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial and accounting records.
• A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/employment2/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
• A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $4,721.27 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade: C1-51
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022