Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Academic Affairs
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are currently searching for an Assessment Specialist to join the National Office of Academic Affairs. This is a full-time staff position. The Specialist is responsible for strengthening academic excellence by providing specialized and technical support in university-wide and departmental/program assessment by supporting the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Accreditation Liaison Officer. This position is located at the Los Angeles or Chicago Campus.
- Consulting as needed with faculty, administrators, staff, students, and other members of the campus community on assessment activities, including data collection, analysis, interpretation, and use; compiling and reporting assessment data for the campus community and for WASC and professional accreditation purposes
- Supporting the planning and implementation of program-level assessment activities in support of the institutional review processes
- Monitoring the three-year academic program review schedule cycle
- Developing and maintaining an electronic shared drive for program faculty and deans to store, work, and archive their academic program review; providing access and permission levels for the shared drive
- Working with the Office of Institutional Research for securing data sets for program faculty to conduct their self-studies
- Assisting program faculty and unit staff on the assessment portions of the Program Review process including Annual Report submission
- Coordinating expenses for external consultants as part of the program review
- Scheduling meetings at the end of the program review cycle
- Providing support to the National Academic Effectiveness Review Committee (NAERC) / Academic Effectiveness Review Committee (AERC) and assessment and curriculum-related groups
- Scheduling meetings; gathering information; resource for policy and procedure recommendations; preparing and distributing agendas; taking, preparing, and distributing meeting notes; maintaining materials in shared drive; and drafting documents related to curricular decisions.
- Working with the Director of the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to develop assessment-related workshops
- Coordinating the Annual Culture of Assessment each spring
- Developing and maintaining an assessment website and disseminating assessment resources via that website
- Participating in assessment listservs and blogs; maintains updated knowledge on regional and federal accreditation practices/policies
- Acting as a resource for undergraduate and graduate assessment
- Preparing drafts and finalizing correspondence.
- Meeting weekly with the AVPAA to report on the status of assessment activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Teaching experience with at least two years in curriculum development
- Documented experience working with accreditation, assessment, and educational effectiveness issues
- Experience with three research and/or development of assessment instruments
- Ability to provide administrative support to the National Office of Academic Affairs with a professional demeanor, and knowledge of office procedures and protocol and high standards of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills; consolidation of information and editing required.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with commonly-used programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and ability to engage with new technologies
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Commitment to quality, innovation and process improvement utilizing collaborative teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple and competing priorities, and respond with precision and accuracy to deadlines having a short duration
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships and interact effectively with diverse members of the institutional community and outside constituencies
- Willingness to provide after-hour and flexible support as needed
- Commitment to diversity in the workplace
- Experience working on diverse teams.
- Increasing levels of responsibility in achieving outcomes within non-negotiable timelines; increasing levels of experience and independence in project management and ability to organize and track complex projects with multiple constituencies; success in writing for an external audience; background in social science research; experience using statistical software such as SPSS.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Experience as noted above; ability to analyze situations and requests for information in accordance with educational policy; strong proofreading skills; desktop editing and production of quality communications documents; strong statistical, analytical, and research skills; technological experience, especially databases; excellent organizational skills; skill in handling multiple priorities with quick turnaround timelines; political sensitivity, absolute confidentiality; high work ethic; exceptional interpersonal skills; trustworthy; reliable.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.