Location: Washington, DC
Office Building/Campus: Washington, DC
Home Department: Office of Sponsored Programs
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Advancement and Sponsored Programs central office in Washington, DC, as well as assisting with support to Advancement and Sponsored Programs staff located in Chicago and Los Angeles. The position will include maintaining documents and records, handling inquiries and schedules, and assisting with meetings and other arrangements. Flexibility, creative problem solving, organizational efficiency, and strong communication skills are key requirements for this position.
- Provide general administrative support to Advancement and Sponsored Programs office staff, primarily in Washington DC but also via phone and email to staff in Chicago and Los Angeles
- Answer, screen and route telephone calls, take messages, provide information or redirect calls as appropriate
- Assist in planning and preparation of meetings with potential funders, including developing agenda and meeting materials
- Provide support to Advancement and Sponsored Programs staff from across the country in the preparation of grants to federal agencies, foundations and corporate offices.
- Assist with preparation of reports, correspondence, and other documents
- Assist with major mailings such as the Annual Fund Appeal
- Develop and maintain systems to organize Advancement and Sponsored Programs files and records, including recording information in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Schedule conference/video calls as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing various documents and reports
- Strong detail orientation, accuracy and follow-up on work product
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet demanding deadlines
- Establish priorities, anticipate department administrative and support needs, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team, seek consultation when necessary
- High level of reliability, creativity and commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess advanced knowledge/skills with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software and scheduling/organizing software; and knowledge of or ability to learn Raiser’s Edge database
• 3-5 years related experience required
• At least 2 years’ experience working as an administrative assistant to a mid-to-senior level executive preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.