Respiratory Therapist Reg/PRN
Perform routine respiratory care procedures in a critical care environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Initiate and maintain mechanical ventilation.
- Be competent in the initiation and maintaining patients on all types of ventilators owned by the Respiratory Care Dept.
- Provide education for students in affiliated clinical training programs as well as patients and families.
- Regularly participates in department staff meetings.
- Initiate and manage Therapist Driven Protocols for specific work areas. Under the supervision of a physician, exercise considerable independent clinical judgment in the respiratory care of patients
- Regularly utilizes the ventilator management bundle.
- Comes to work, follows work schedule and is prepared to provide patient care.
- Understand all required Information management programs and applications.
- Accurate use of Mediserve.
- Accurate use Admin RX
- Accurate use of Drug Pyxis.
- Regularly checks email for departmental communications.
- Regular attendance of continuing education programs and meets the departmental and state requirements of 10 hours per year.
- Maintains Advanced Life Support training and/or certification.
Job requires Graduate of an accredited discipline specific program and 0 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Registerd Repiratory Therapist, National Board Respiratory Care
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Organization Peds Respiratory Care 209559PI77407616