Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Stewardship, contribute as needed to the activities of DAR's Office of Stewardship. Provide support to all functions, which requires the ability to prioritize multiple projects according to deadlines and the ability to exercise independent judgment. This position reports to the Associate Director of Stewardship.
- Experience in stewardship, donor relations, or development research is preferred.
- Knowledge of software programs applicable to development is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, professional team player with courteous interpersonal skills and an excellent customer service attitude.
- Candidate must also have the capacity to perform in an intellectually rigorous and complex academic and medical environment.
- The ability to apply sound judgment in all situations is required, as are excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to ever changing priorities are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Stewardship Reporting
- Assist Senior and Associate Director in establishing working timeframe and deliverables for annual stewardship reporting of endowed and non-endowed funds, including scholarship stewardship and miscellaneous endowed funds.
- Work as part of stewardship team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of endowed and non-endowed funds and research of such funds.
- Provide regular reports to Associate Director regarding progress of stewardship reporting.Support annual stewardship activities, including stewardship of endowed funds, major donors and ad hoc stewardship requests.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, expand contact via stewardship mailings and events with existing donors to improve and strengthen relationships.
- Coordinate endowed scholarship and other fund information.
- Serve as the liaison to undergraduate schools, in collaboration with the Associate Director, to ensure accurate and complete reporting on funds that require stewardship.
- Maintain and update information in the appropriate databases to ensure an accurate and ongoing record of funds.
- Carry out research to ensure that donor intent is being realized and records are complete.
- Assist in stewardship activities, including data entry and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Proofread and edit stewardship acknowledgment letters.
- Work collaboratively with the Strategic Initiatives and Stewardship teams to ensure project deadlines are met and executed with accuracy, quality and integrity. Duties include, but are not limited to: Continuously compile, review and analyze project outcomes against established goals, objectives and timelines. Recommend process improvement for program and services and; use appropriate resources to effectively and efficiently resolve problems.
- Provide Associate Director of Stewardship with weekly reporting of activities and performance towards goals and objectives.
- Uphold departmental and institutional policies regarding confidential information.
- Work cooperatively with DAR colleagues and develop strong working relationships with other University offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Job requires Bachelor's and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization DAR - Stewardship 144230PI77375202