Campus or Location Western Campus
Vacancy Number 017-15
Reports To Associate Dean
Job Category FT Faculty
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Teaches studio drawing courses, introductory and advanced levels.
•Master's Degree in a related field (Art, Art History, Art Criticism, Humanities, Art Museum Studies)
•Expertise and professional accomplishment in the field of drawing
•Evidence of use of PowerPoint, Blackboard, Respondus, and Breeze in web and hybrid courses
•Evidence of involvement with a local and global perspective in art
•Terminal degree in a studio art discipline
•5 years of experience teaching art classes at the college level
In addition, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline.
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students.
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments.
• Being a successful advocate to new initiatives in curriculum or delivery.
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal.
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the college.
Classes assigned, beginning January (Spring Semester) 2015. This is a one-semester position. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary 20,164.50
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) A current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name on the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of the interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
Posting Open Date 04/23/2014
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you have a master's degree in a related field (Art History, Art Criticism, Humanities, Art Museum Studies, Art)?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3