Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services
LeTourneau University, an interdenominational, evangelical Christ-centered institution of higher learning, seeks a senior-level enrollment administrator with substantial experience in online services to serve as Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services. A new position within the University, this administrator will oversee the operations and professional staffs of the offices of Global Campus Admissions and Recruitment, University Marketing & Communications, and the Office of the Registrar.
The Vice President will join LeTourneau at a significant juncture for planning the University’s future. Currently completing its strategic plan launched in 2010, LeTourneau is preparing to embark on a new phase of strategic planning, led by President Dale Lunsford, in the 2014-2015 academic year. The plan will center on the University’s unique mission of preparing competent professionals with Christ-like character to impact workplaces around the world. The Vice President will contribute to shaping the new strategic plan.
The complete search profile is available here, or at: http://www.myersmcrae.com/skins/userfiles/file/LETU-VP-OGE.pdf
Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President, the Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services is responsible for the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of the University’s adult, graduate, and online students. This senior administrator serves as the liaison to and resource for the administration regarding non-traditional enrollment and interprets data to assist in strategic decisions. Through this leader, strong enrollment will be directly connected to an effective marketing program, outstanding academic programs, excellent student retention, and an intentional engagement with partnering institutions and alumni.
The Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services collaborates with the Vice President for Enrollment Services (Residential Campus) in ensuring the University’s mission of preparing men and women to make an impact through their calling by providing an exceptional Christ-centered education is clearly communicated and evidenced through the services for the recruitment and enrollment of undergraduate and graduate students.
The Vice President ensures adherence to state and federal policies, regulations, and procedures regarding admission and student records evaluation and maintenance. This administrator is charged with achieving enrollment goals for adult, graduate, online students, and LeTourneau’s campuses in Dallas and Houston.
Among the many and varied duties of the Vice President are:
- Collaborates with the Vice President for Enrollment Services (Residential Campus) in aligning comprehensive Enrollment Services priorities to advance student enrollment and achieve related University Strategic Plan initiatives for all global (non-traditional) programs
- Serves as the non-traditional student (online, hybrid, extension campus, and adult learners) strategic leader for marketing, enrollment, retention, and related student-support services
- Develops, reviews and monitors marketing, recruitment, and enrollment strategies and practices to meet enrollment goals for the non-traditional population
- Together with the Vice President for Enrollment Services (Residential Campus), serves as the chief marketing officer, ensuring messaging is consistent with the LETU brand yet appropriately differentiated for the target market
- Analyzes data and anticipates potential opportunities and challenges that strengthen or weaken the University’s market position in adult, online, and graduate enrollment
- Identifies processes that inhibit enrollment growth and works with a team of leaders throughout campus in developing innovative resolutions (Specifically this person will collaborate with the VPES (Residential Campus) in addressing customer service-related issues in order to promote the most desirable experience for prospective and current students, faculty, and staff
- Partners with retention officers to assess and identify adult, graduate, and online students with entry characteristics indicating attrition risks and leads the implementation of retention strategies that promote student success and achievement
- Generates regular funnel, benchmark, and enrollment reports demonstrating progress towards reaching budgeted enrollment goals (in collaboration with Institutional Research, as appropriate)
- Oversees the management and operations of Online and Graduate Student Admissions & Recruitment, University Marketing & Communications, and the Registrar’s Office
- Develops, reviews and monitors transcript evaluation, records retention, and Registrar’s Office functions to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as SACSCOC standards
- Manages budgets for all direct report offices
- Develops and maintains productive relationships across the University and the professional community
- Collaborates with Information Technology in explaining functional needs of enrollment systems and automating enrollment processes for maximum efficiency
- Partners with the Provost and Executive Vice President in accomplishing the University’s mission and strategic plan goals
The Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services will be a detail-oriented administrator with a highly successful record of data-driven enrollment and/or client-building sales management experience. A master’s degree is required; a Ph.D., or equivalent is preferred. Candidates should have at least 10 years of relevant experience, with at least five years of managerial responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in a similar role serving a comprehensive university. The candidate also will possess strategic insight and significant depth of knowledge of current trends and opportunities for growth in the non-traditional undergraduate and graduate student market, along with abilities to build an excellent customer service experience for prospective and current students.
This administrator is expected to demonstrate a maturing personal faith in Jesus Christ while meeting the responsibilities of the position.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong appreciation for Christian higher education and an enthusiastic Christian faith that is in agreement with the University’s statement of mission and faith
- Special interest and experience in recruiting adult, graduate, and online students with proven experience in securing profitable relationships for marketing, lead generation, and promotion of non-traditional educational delivery
- Personal integrity that demonstrates ethical leadership beyond professional responsibilities
- Successful record of meeting enrollment goals
- Ability to analyze data
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid and admissions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to administer a complex budget and manage diverse staffs
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle diverse projects simultaneously
LeTourneau University considers candidates without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, genetic information, handicapping condition, or national origin.
Candidate applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Online and Graduate Enrollment Services at LeTourneau University are now being accepted. To apply, submit a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, résumé, and contact information on at least four references to:
Deadline for Applications is June 27, 2014.
Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting is conducting this search for LeTourneau University. The lead consultant is:Emily Parker Myers President and CEO Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting 515 Mulberry Street, Suite 200 | Macon, Georgia 31201 (478) 330-6222 | http://www.myersmcrae.com
About LeTourneau University
LeTourneau University is an interdenominational, evangelical Christian university of nearly 3,000 students. The more than 85 academic programs include engineering, engineering technology, aeronautical science, business, education, social sciences, the liberal arts, and natural sciences. The University also offers programs in business, education, and psychology online and at educational centers in Dallas and Houston.
LeTourneau University is a comprehensive university that includes excellent professional programs. The School of Engineering is highly recognized in Christian higher education. Recently, the University’s aviation program was named the nation’s best by the National Intercollegiate Flying Association.
Over the last seven years, LeTourneau has certified more classroom teachers than any other independent university in Texas. The University has an established history of educating business, management, and leadership students in the urban centers of Texas, where more Fortune 500 corporations are headquartered than any other state.
The faculty leading these recognized professional programs are committed to quality teaching and scholarship. Since 2000, LeTourneau University faculty have been awarded more than $10,000,000 in sponsored project funding from sources such as the NSF, NIH, and State of Texas.
LeTourneau University is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges.” It also has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for exemplary service efforts.
Committed to being a global university, LeTourneau embraces diversity. Students, faculty and staff reflect a variety of ethnicities, races, and geographical backgrounds. All 50 states and 22 different countries are represented in the student body.
Further expansion of global programs is a strategic priority. A new Center for Global Service Learning builds on the international success of faculty and student scholarship and solution-based work around the world. LeTourneau attracts international students and “global scholars”—students with proven experience and interest in international settings
The average SAT scores of entering freshmen are approximately 140-160 points above the national average. LeTourneau University has a total of 32 National Merit Scholars.
LeTourneau is known for graduating students who exhibit a strong work ethic, character, and immediate effectiveness in the marketplace, across the nation and around the world. The University’s three-year average graduate placement rate is 91 percent overall.
At LeTourneau, athletics is a vital and integral part of the educational process. LeTourneau is a member of the American Southwest Conference, NCAA Division III, and offers six Men’s sports and seven Women’s sports.
About Longview, Texas
Longview, Texas, is a progressive hub city with an MSA of 200,000, nestled among the pine-forested hills and lakes of East Texas. Longview is 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas, and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
Longview is the business and cultural center for the area. Mild winters and colorful springs and autumns provide a perfect setting for the high quality of life found in Longview.
In 2008, Longview was named one of the “100 Best Communities for Young People” by America’s Promise Alliance, which reviewed five features of the community: caring adults, safe places, a healthy start, effective education, and opportunities to help others.