Dean For Enrollment Management
St. Catherine University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean for Enrollment Management.
St. Catherine University is a Catholic comprehensive university with the nation’s largest college for women at its center. Located in the vibrant Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, St. Catherine enrolls approximately 5,000 students in three colleges; the College for Women, the Graduate College and the College for Applied and Continuing Learning. At all degree levels--associate, baccalaureate, masters and clinical doctorate--St. Catherine integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic tradition, emphasizing intellectual inquiry and social teaching, and challenging students to transformational leadership.
The Dean for Enrollment Management assumes broad leadership within the University and facilitates a pervasive focus on enhancing current enrollments and realizing our 2020 Vision Strategic Plan enrollment goals.
The Dean for Enrollment Management reports to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer. As the senior enrollment officer of the University, the Dean serves as a key member of the Presidents’ Cabinet and University Council. Ensuring that St. Catherine achieves Strategic Plan and annual enrollment goals, the Dean will provide leadership and support to three seasoned Associate Deans who successfully and efficiently manage the operations and budget of four admission offices and the financial aid office.
The enrollment management team is responsible for working in close collaboration with the Academic Deans to develop and implement enrollment plans in support of the academic plan. This shared work includes new program development, external partnerships, and advancing the enrollment goals, vision and purposes of the University.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Promote the mission of the University and lead efforts to achieve the 2020 Vision Strategic Plan enrollment goals and initiatives.
- Provide vision, leadership and project management support for development and implementation of enrollment management components tied to new academic programs including new initiatives of Academic Affairs and faculty. In collaboration with enrollment management and academic leadership, further develop and implement the collaborative new program development model and support development and implementation of the academic program prioritization. Serve as a leader and catalyst to assertively realize the enrollment and revenue goals through program and partnership development.
- Support the continued development and implementation of the University’s comprehensive enrollment management program to meet the University’s Strategic Plan enrollment goals.
- Support an already strong enrollment staff that is optimistic, responsive, innovative, analytical, energetic, results-oriented and student-centered. Lead St. Catherine’s enrollment management function with vision, integrity, wisdom and energy; engender a team approach across the integrated functions of admissions (associate, baccalaureate traditional, baccalaureate adult, and graduate) and financial aid.
- Manage and lead key enrollment management leadership structures including the Board of Trustee Committee for Enrollment Management, Enrollment Management Matrix (EMM), EMM Workgroups, Enrollment Management Leadership Team, and other key groups.
- Prepare and advance, in partnership with the enrollment team and Academic Deans, annual enrollment projections in alignment with current enrollment patterns, Strategic Plan goals and annual budget process. Coordinate, in partnership with the Enrollment Management and Finance teams, development of tuition revenue, financial aid budget forecasting, and enrollment management operating budgets.
- Support the Associate Dean for Enrollment/Director of Financial Aid in her development and implementation of the financial aid program including management of pricing strategies and financial aid policies tied to enrollment and net revenue goals.
- Support the two Associate Deans for Admissions in aligning enrollment management strategic plans for marketing, recruitment and admissions with the Marketing and Communications department including support for print materials, marketing and advertising initiatives, and leveraging of the web.
- Work closely with the Dean of Student Affairs to leverage the student life experience and residence life program with first-time and transfer students, maximize housing occupancy, engage students in a vibrant campus life, and optimize retention and graduation rates.
- Collaborate with Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment to develop and analyze enrollment research and admissions trend data to guide enrollment planning.
- Engage in continuously reflective, analytically rigorous and technically sophisticated dialogues with senior leadership and faculty about enrollment realities and possibilities.
- Facilitate ongoing communication and a strong working relationship with other key constituents within the institution including: faculty, the Registrar, Academic Advising, Student Affairs, Athletics, Information Technology, Business Office, and others.
- Support and enable further development of partnerships with the members of the high school counseling community, the MnSCU system and other key partners so the University’s distinctive culture, academic programs and quality of student life are well understood and visible to prospective students and key partners.
Qualifications and Qualities of Leadership: The Dean for Enrollment Management must possess a deep understanding of, passion for and ability to articulate the benefits of a liberal arts, women-centered learning environment in the Catholic tradition; have experience with various degree-level (associate, baccalaureate and graduate) enrollment management; have a full appreciation of the centrality of diversity of enrollments and program offerings; have a strong analytic and strategic operating style; and possess significant management, marketing, communications and leadership experience in enrollment management. An advanced degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively more significant experience in higher education enrollment management are required.
In addition, the Dean should demonstrate:
- Proven effectiveness and expertise in enrollment management, including: significant professional experience managing the complex interplay of marketing and recruiting strategies for undergraduate and graduate markets; experience building and achieving enrollment goals, revenue targets, yield metrics and financial aid leveraging strategies; genuine enjoyment of leading the enrollment management enterprise and supporting institutional goals and objectives; and an understanding of enrollment management best practices nationally.
- Vision and leadership: an ability to lead the effort in achieving 2020 Vision Strategic Plan goals with vision and creativity; an entrepreneurial outlook and eye to new possibilities and emerging challenges; and an ability to support and build upon an already excellent and highly experienced and successful enrollment management team.
- An ability to keep both the big picture and operational details at the forefront: evidence of ability to focus and lead an organization to develop and realize a strategic plan, and to continuously assess and refine the organizational plan, structure and operations as the plan evolves; comfort with delegating day-to-day management and decision making to experienced and successful staff; and a sophisticated understanding of the laws and regulations that significantly impact enrollment operations.
- Strong analytical capacity: to produce forward-looking strategic plans and budgets that link expenditures to outcomes; assess the effectiveness of how recruitment and financial aid funds are deployed for enrollment goals; possess a willingness to engage in a continuous dialogue about enrollment and other areas with senior leadership; and demonstrate an ability working effectively with external and internal consultants and partners.
- Mature interpersonal communication skills: strong speaking and writing skills with the ability to articulate a vision effectively to all constituencies including the enrollment management staff, faculty and administrators, alumni, trustees and the public.
- Personal qualities: a sense of urgency and engagement; an articulate and honest style; a genuine interest in supporting and further forming a highly effective team; ability to observe, listen, learn and clarify needs while engendering trust quickly among various constituencies; wisdom and sound judgment; good sense of humor; proven skill dealing with complex and diverse cultures, backgrounds and perspectives; a strong commitment to the central ethos of Catholic education, including the ability to advocate effectively for it.
Application: We value having a diverse pool of candidates. Applications from candidates of color are especially encouraged. Applicants should electronically submit their application (including a personal statement of vision for this position, a resume, and at least three references) to the St. Catherine University Employment Site. The Website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Nominations may be submitted via email to St. Catherine University Human Resources (email@example.com) with “Dean for Enrollment Management Nomination” in the subject line. Position #20140027-Staff. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
St. Catherine University | 2004 Randolph Avenue | St. Paul, MN 55105 ~ EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer | Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org