Instructional Designer II
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is currently seeking Instructional Designers with Healthcare and Liberal Arts experience, who are passionate about innovative learning and will curate the learning experience for students. Come be an innovator and leader in Instructional Design at SNHU!
The Instructional Designer will work with faculty and a team of online program delivery specialists to develop high quality courses and will be an active participant in decisions related to course design, development and the application of key course elements.
- Designing and developing scalable online courses, managing the schedule and quality of each course development project as well as the relationship with each subject matter expert, using the COCE approved course development model.
- Driving the production process to meet established deadline and budgetary parameters while ensuring the readiness and the re-usability of developed courses.
- Conducting a needs assessment of current online courses and their readiness for online development by collecting existing content in its various forms.
- Creating a blueprint that defines the nature, outline and format of each course and its elements.
- Developing course content with the subject matter expert as well as external and internal media support while identifying appropriate media elements.
- Managing the sub-production of media elements and developing multi-media application as needed in the production of courses.
- Maintaining documentation and inventory of learning objects that have been posted to and are retained by a 3rd party vendor.
- Collecting and assessing post course data from subject matter experts and instructors to ensure course quality. Making adjustments in content and course design as necessary.
- Reviewing course evaluations/student feedback with instructors and other IDs when issues of instructional design and online pedagogy arise.
- Providing coaching in best-practice approaches for course design, instructional design and teaching strategies in the online environment to other COCE sections.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Healthcare or Liberal Arts experience is preferred.
- Experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in instructional design, educational technology or related academic discipline.
- Ability to apply instructional design theories and principles to online learning.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.