Art Curator Assistant
Assist in all aspects of the Fine Art Gallery and its study collection, which include collections management, exhibition preparation, information processing and dissemination, plus implementation of the gallery's programs. This is a 30-hour per week position.
Key Functions and Expected Performances
- Perform and/or oversee aspects of collections management including research on individual objects, production of insurance and gift record reports (as needed), management of art storage facilities, and management of gallery's computer collections database system.
- Assist in the preparation of in-house and contracted art exhibitions, which includes research and writing, preparation of exhibition labels, catalogues, and other didactic exhibition elements, correspondence with artists, scholars, donors, and art dealers, as well as arrangements for transportation of art objects, and insurance.
- Assist in aspects of gallery public relations and promotions, which entails the preparation of press releases, press kits, development and management of gallery's media, electronic, e-mail based and general mailing list databases.
- Maintain and develop the Gallery's web page.
- Oversee student, intern and volunteer assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the writing and production of grants and other forms of support and/or sponsorship.
- Assist in the coordination of Gallery rental events.
- Bachelor's and 6 months of relevant experience or the equivalent.
- Master's degree in History of Art preferred
- Event coordination experience a plus
- Supervisory experience or volunteer coordination a plus
Job Academic Support and Student Affairs
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Kirkland Hall
Organization Art Gallery 120555PI77090922