ELECTRONIC RESOURCES & SERIALS LIBRARIAN
The Collections Management Department oversees the selection, purchase, cataloging and management of print and electronic resources of the Hirsh Health Sciences Library. This also includes maintenance of the existing print book and journal collections.
The Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian is responsible for the management, licensing, access and maintenance of the electronic resources of the library. The librarian will:
• Works closely with the Head of Collection Management to oversee the electronic resources of the library to assure seamless access for our users
• Interacts regularly with a wide range of the Library's vendors, including publishers, to solve problems
• Works closely with other library departments to support collection development
• Compiles relevant usage statistics to support selection of materials
• Serves on inter-campus committees that focus on electronic resource management and collections
• Trains and works closely with the Collections Management Assistant
• Interacts with faculty, staff and students regarding purchases of materials, troubleshooting access issues, and other questions related to our journals and databases
• Works cooperatively with colleagues at Tisch Library on our Medford Campus to assist in the management of the Tufts University Libraries shared electronic resources
Basic Requirements: Masters of Library Science from an ALA-accredited program. At least 2 years of experience in an academic or medical library and knowledge of electronic resource management tools, best practices, vendor relations, troubleshooting access issues, and publisher's license agreements. Must demonstrate excellent project management and organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of trends and issues in academic libraries, publishing, preservation, emerging technologies and scholarly communications. Ability to work internally and externally across all Tufts University libraries with a wide variety of individuals and groups. Familiarity with III ILS modules.
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Travel to the Medford/Somerville campus on a regular basis is required.
Please Apply with Requisition #14000195
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.