This position encompasses four (4) major activities: Reference Services, Collection Development, Technical Services, and Lee College Records Management Coordinator. Reference Services includes covering the reference desk one evening a week and some weekends and other duties as assigned. Collection Development includes managing several subject collections over their entire information life-cycle from selection to weeding, among many other tasks listed below. Technical Services entails importing and modifying catalog records, according to current professional standards. Also serves as the Lee College Records Management Coordinator.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the assessment of reference services when necessary.
- Gather and analyze reference statistics on a monthly basis.
- Provide general and specialized instructional services to students, faculty, and the general public. Scheduled hours on the reference desk, including some evening and weekend work, are required.
- Work in collaboration with the Technical Services Librarian to import and modify catalog records into the Polaris ILS, according to current professional standards.
- Perform some copy cataloging duties including analytic work.
- Perform other detailed technical service duties as needed.
- Select materials on the following subjects: Psychology, Religion, Biology, and American Literature along with several other social science disciplines.
- Develop electronic research guides for their subject area.
- Serve as liaison to academic departments in assigned subjects areas.
- Plan, teach, and assess information literacy instruction in collaboration with faculty and/or Instruction Librarian.
- Act as the digitization project coordinator for the library.
Records Management Coordinator for Lee College
- Coordinate the Lee College Records Management system by knowing all of the records retention schedules.
- Train the departmental record keepers and meets with them on an annual basis.
- Create or procure a database that will help organize this complex system.
- Manage the records management database.
- Act as the liaison with the Texas State Library & Archives Commission & Harris County Department of Education.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- ALA accredited Master of Library Science (MLS)
- Strong commitment to public service
- Excellent communicator and writer
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be available to work evening and weekends as required