Project Manager, Library & Information Technology
Bucknell University seeks a Project Manager, Library & Information Technology.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Project Management, the Project Manager will work collaboratively with their supervisor, members of the Library and Information Technology (L&IT) leadership team, their direct reports, and other administrative and academic area teams to help effectively facilitate the organization's project management, project planning, and assessment processes. This includes coordination, planning, analysis, resourcing collaboration, and overall project leadership for a broad range of L&IT related programs, projects, and initiatives.
Project management, project planning, and assessment processes also include communicating with vendors, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in defining scope, managing deadlines, budgets and accountability, assigning responsibilities, and preparing reports regarding the status of the assigned portfolio. Throughout the process, the Project Manager will maintain a strong sense of alignment with the defined and evolving University, L&IT, and department missions and goals, including in-progress reporting and after-action assessment to ensure compliance with University standards and to improve processes for future projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
? Operations and Project Responsibilities:
- Provide project coordination leadership by working directly with cross-functional project team members to define and execute projects.
- Establish priorities; demonstrate discipline and independent judgment.
- Interact effectively with department leadership and managers across administrative (including facilities) and academic departments.
- Ensure and provide regular status reporting using new or existing tools and processes.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain project budgets, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise outside of normal working hours.
? Process Responsibilities:
- Support and champion strategies for growing effective use of project management related disciplines (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing) within the L&IT organization and across campus.
- Understand current processes, challenge existing practices, when appropriate, and support policies that promote continuous process and service improvement across the organization.
- Collect feedback on project management needs and priorities to be integrated into the future direction of project management and support.
? People Responsibilities:
- Provide regular, ongoing feedback to matrixed team members, peers, and management promoting continuous improvement, proactive service, and relationship building.
- Collaborate to determine project resource requirements and roles based on project requirements, timeframes, and budgets.
- Provide L&IT resource managers input on project team member performance as appropriate.
? Planning and Communication Responsibilities:
- Maintain technical competencies related to the project management discipline.
- Partner broadly across the organization to achieve project goals through expert communication, collaboration, and negotiation.
- Maintain and facilitate a creative perspective regarding strategic planning and assessment goals and how to achieve them in a diverse organization.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments and make recommendations regarding opportunities for implementation.
- Represent Bucknell and Library & IT by presenting at industry conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience supporting the full life-cycle of both large and small scale projects. - Experience in project requirements processes and/or functional analysis.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing comprehensive reports and summarized executive presentations.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate across a diverse organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within multiple business, functional, and/or technology organizations.
- Prior involvement with high-visibility projects and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience with Project Management Tools (i.e., MS Project, Clarity, TeamDynamix).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to complete in a timely manner.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
About the Organization:
In August 1997 Bucknell University integrated its library and computing organizations to form the Library and Information Technology department. We focus on strengthening natural areas of collaboration and creating synergies among staff members. We strive to create an information-rich environment for the campus and enjoy a strong service reputation. Library and Information Technology is committed to supporting the professional development of its 85 staff members.
Bucknell is a highly selective, predominately undergraduate residential university with strong liberal arts and professional programs. There are approximately 3400 undergraduates and 150 master's degree students. The campus is in a beautiful, rural setting adjacent to the Susquehanna River. Harrisburg and State College (home of Penn State University) are about an hour away; New York, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are approximately a three to four hour drive. The university supports an active program of cultural events and opportunities for recreation.
To learn more about our Bucknell University's Library and Information Technology, explore our website at http://www.bucknell.edu/libraryIT.
To apply, please visit Bucknell University's online recruiting website for details - www.bucknell.edu/jobs.
Bucknell University, an equal opportunity employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who will be committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body. We welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.